Eine „dienende Rolle“ für den Finanzsektor? Nicht dienen, sondern funktionieren!
The image is undisputed in the political debate that the function of the financial sector is to “play servant” to the real economy, but the consequences derived from this debate are controversial. Clearer is the academic worlds concept to restrict the functions of the financial sector deliberately. But such restriction is hardly convincing from the different perspectives of functionality. Because of this indetermination and, respectively, restriction, a “servant role” is apparently inappropriate as a useful yardstick for reorienting the financial sector. In line with this image, it would certainly be possible to improve crisis prevention, but at the price of cuts in important functions so that a “servant role” as a concept of crisis prevention would not be any desirable solution either.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Martin Hellwig, 2009.
"Systemic Risk in the Financial Sector: An Analysis of the Subprime-Mortgage Financial Crisis,"
Springer, vol. 157(2), pages 129-207, June.
- Martin Hellwig, 2008. "Systemic Risk in the Financial Sector: An Analysis of the Subprime-Mortgage Financial Crisis," Working Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2008_43, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
- Barry Eichengreen, 2009. "From the Asian crisis to the global credit crisis: reforming the international financial architecture redux," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 1-22, June.
- Hellwig, Martin, 1997. "Unternehmensfinanzierung, Unternehmenskontrolle und Ressourcenallokation: Was leistet das Finanzsystem?," Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications 97-02, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim;Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kuk:journl:v:43:y:2010:i:2:p:165-182. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Credit and Capital Markets)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.