The Role of Value Added in the Assessment of National Trade Performances
The enhancement of global value chains has major advantages, such as: the growth of investment and jobs, the new trade opportunities and keeping away from exclusion, the increase of efficiency of trade or the improvement the position of some developed countries. But, the assigning the entire commercial value to the final country of processing can distort the origin of the products and lead to wrong decisions. This paper examines the international cooperation for identifying the key features of global value chains, and the role of statistics in resolving the problems generated by global value chains.
Volume (Year): 5 (2013)
Issue (Month): Special 1 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://fbc.ucdc.ro/Email:
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Markusen, James R. & Melvin, James R. & Maskus, Keith E. & Kaempfer, William, 1995. "International trade: theory and evidence," MPRA Paper 21989, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yuqing Xing & Neal Detert, 2010. "How the iPhone Widens the United States Trade Deficit with the PeopleÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Republic of China," Trade Working Papers 23128, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Jagdish Bhagwati & Arvind Panagariya & T. N. Srinivasan, 1998. "Lectures on International Trade, 2nd Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262522470, June.
- Yuqing Xing & Neal Detert, 2010. "How the iPhone Widens the United States Trade Deficit with the Peopleâ€™s Republic of China," Trade Working Papers 23280, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Xing, Yuqing & Detert, Neal, 2010. "How the iPhone Widens the United States Trade Deficit with the People's Republic of China," ADBI Working Papers 257, Asian Development Bank Institute.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:khe:journl:v:5:y:2013:i:1:p:61-65. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adi Sava)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.