Home Production, House Values, and the Great Recession
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Daniel Kuehn, 2016. "Home Production, House Values, and the Great Recession," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 37(1), pages 99-114, March.
References listed on IDEAS
- George W. Stadler, 1994. "Real Business Cycles," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(4), pages 1750-1783, December.
- Greenwood, Jeremy & Hercowitz, Zvi, 1991.
"The Allocation of Capital and Time over the Business Cycle,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(6), pages 1188-1214, December.
- Greenwood, J. & Hercowitz, Z., 1991. "The Allocation of Capital and Time Over the Business Cycles," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 9104, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Greenwood, J. & Hercowitz, Z., 1991. "The Allocation of Capital and Time Over the Business Cycle," RCER Working Papers 268, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Benhabib, Jess & Rogerson, Richard & Wright, Randall, 1991.
"Homework in Macroeconomics: Household Production and Aggregate Fluctuations,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(6), pages 1166-1187, December.
- Jess Benhabib & Richard Rogerson & Randall Wright, 1991. "Homework in macroeconomics: household production and aggregate fluctuations," Staff Report 135, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Ed Nosal & Richard Rogerson & Randall Wright, 1992. "The Role of Household Production in Models of Involuntary Unemployment and Underemployment," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 25(3), pages 507-520, August.
- Ana Moro-Egido, 2012. "Changing Trends of Mothers’ Active and Passive Childcare Times," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 11-23, March.
- Baral, Ranju & Davis, George C. & You, Wen, 2011.
"Consumption time in household production: Implications for the goods-time elasticity of substitution,"
Elsevier, vol. 112(2), pages 138-140, August.
- Baral, Ranju & Davis, George C. & You, Wen, 2010. "Consumption Time in Household Production: Implications for the Goods-Time Elasticity of Substitution," 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado 61184, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Ramey, Valerie A., 2009. "Time Spent in Home Production in the Twentieth-Century United States: New Estimates from Old Data," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 69(01), pages 1-47, March.
- Ingram, Beth F. & Kocherlakota, Narayana R. & Savin, N. E., 1997. "Using theory for measurement: An analysis of the cyclical behavior of home production," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 435-456, December.
- Burda, Michael C. & Hamermesh, Daniel S., 2010.
"Unemployment, market work and household production,"
Elsevier, vol. 107(2), pages 131-133, May.
- Burda, Michael C. & Hamermesh, Daniel S., 2009. "Unemployment, Market Work and Household Production," IZA Discussion Papers 3955, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Burda, Michael C & Hamermesh, Daniel S., 2009. "Unemployment, Market Work and Household Production," CEPR Discussion Papers 7166, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Michael Burda & Daniel S. Hamermesh, 2009. "Unemployment, Market Work and Household Production," NBER Working Papers 14676, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shoshana Grossbard-Shechtman, 2001. "The New Home Economics at Colombia and Chicago," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(3), pages 103-130.
- Joni Hersch, 2009. "Home production and wages: evidence from the American Time Use Survey," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 159-178, June.
- Jean Kimmel & Rachel Connelly, 2007. "Mothers’ Time Choices: Caregiving, Leisure, Home Production, and Paid Work," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 42(3).
- Rachel Connelly & Jean Kimmel, 2009.
"Spousal influences on parents’ non-market time choices,"
Review of Economics of the Household,
Springer, vol. 7(4), pages 361-394, December.
- Connelly, Rachel & Kimmel, Jean, 2007. "Spousal Influences on Parents' Non-Market Time Choices," IZA Discussion Papers 2894, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lowell Gallaway & Richard Vedder, 2003. "Ideas Versus Ideology: The Origins of Modern Labor Economics," Journal of Labor Research, Transaction Publishers, vol. 24(4), pages 643-668, October.
- Gronau, Reuben, 1973. "The Intrafamily Allocation of Time: The Value of the Housewives' Time," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(4), pages 634-651, September.
- Mroz, Thomas A, 1987.
"The Sensitivity of an Empirical Model of Married Women's Hours of Work to Economic and Statistical Assumptions,"
Econometric Society, vol. 55(4), pages 765-799, July.
- Thomas Mroz, "undated". "The Sensitivity of an Empirical Model of Married Women's Hours of Work to Economic and Statistical Assumptions," University of Chicago - Population Research Center 84-8, Chicago - Population Research Center.
- Mark Aguiar & Erik Hurst & Loukas Karabarbounis, 2013. "Time Use during the Great Recession," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 103(5), pages 1664-1696, August.
- José Giménez-Nadal & Miriam Marcén & Raquel Ortega, 2012. "Substitution and Presence Effects of Children on Mothers’ Adult Care Time," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 2-10, March.
- HwaJung Choi, 2011. "Parents’ Health and Adult Children’s Subsequent Working Status: A Perspective of Intergenerational Transfer and Time Allocation," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 32(3), pages 493-507, September.
More about this item
KeywordsHome production; Time use; Business cycle; Housing market;
- D13 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Production and Intrahouse Allocation
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jfamec:v:37:y:2016:i:1:d:10.1007_s10834-015-9438-3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.