The internet as a celestial TiVo: What can we learn from cable television adoption?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bruni, Luigino & Stanca, Luca, 2008.
"Watching alone: Relational goods, television and happiness,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 65(3-4), pages 506-528, March.
- Luigino Bruni & Luca Stanca, 2005. "Watching alone: Relational Goods, Television and Happiness," Working Papers 90, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Jun 2005.
- S. J. Liebowitz, 1982. "The Impacts of Cable Retransmission on Television Broadcasters," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 15(3), pages 503-524, August.
- Jeffrey M Wooldridge, 2010.
"Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 2, volume 1, number 0262232588, January.
- Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2001. "Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262232197, January.
- Kelvin J. Lancaster, 1966. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 132-132.
- Erik Brynjolfsson & Michael D. Smith, 2000.
"Frictionless Commerce? A Comparison of Internet and Conventional Retailers,"
INFORMS, vol. 46(4), pages 563-585, April.
- Michael Smith & Erik Brynjolfsson, 1999. "Frictionless Commerce? A Comparison of Internet and Conventional Retailers," Computing in Economics and Finance 1999 1022, Society for Computational Economics.
- Benesch Christine & Frey Bruno S. & Stutzer Alois, 2010.
"TV Channels, Self-Control and Happiness,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 10(1), pages 1-35, September.
- Benesch, Christine & Frey, Bruno S. & Stutzer, Alois, 2006. "TV Channels, Self Control and Happiness," Working papers 2006/05, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
- Christine Benesch & Bruno S. Frey & Alois Stutzer, 2006. "TV Channels, Self Control and Happiness," IEW - Working Papers 301, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2005. "Fixed-Effects and Related Estimators for Correlated Random-Coefficient and Treatment-Effect Panel Data Models," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 87(2), pages 385-390, May.
- Arthur Vany & W. Walls, 2007.
"Estimating the Effects of Movie Piracy on Box-office Revenue,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 30(4), pages 291-301, June.
- W. D. Walls & A. DeVany, "undated". "Estimating the effects of movie piracy on box-office revenue," Working Papers 2014-56, Department of Economics, University of Calgary, revised 23 Sep 2014.
- Rafael Rob & Joel Waldfogel, 2007. "PIRACY ON THE SILVER SCREEN -super-," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(3), pages 379-395, September.
- Dmitri Kuksov & J. Miguel Villas-Boas, 2010. "When More Alternatives Lead to Less Choice," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(3), pages 507-524, 05-06.
More about this item
KeywordsTelevision viewing; Internet adoption; Product variety;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jculte:v:40:y:2016:i:3:d:10.1007_s10824-015-9245-6. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.