A Note on Public Input Specifications
Public or fiscal policy is sometimes concerned with the provision of some infrastructure. This paper deals with the specification of such infrastructures as public inputs. Among other things, and in contrast to relevant literature, it is shown that there is no identity between various public inputs concepts. Thus, the results help to avoid misspecifications and may contribute to better public policy designs concerning the provision of infrastructures. Copyright International Atlantic Economic Society 2005
Volume (Year): 11 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (404) 965-1555
Fax: (404) 965-1556
Web page: http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?id=112112
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Barro, R.J., 1988.
"Government Spending In A Simple Model Of Endogenous Growth,"
RCER Working Papers
130, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Barro, Robert J, 1990. "Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogenous Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages S103-26, October.
- Barro, Robert J., 1990. "Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogeneous Growth," Scholarly Articles 3451296, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Robert J. Barro, 1988. "Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogenous Growth," NBER Working Papers 2588, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Feehan, James P, 1989. "Pareto-Efficiency with Three Varieties of Public Input," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 44(2), pages 237-48.
- Glomm, Gerhard & Ravikumar, B., 1994. "Public investment in infrastructure in a simple growth model," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 1173-1187, November.
- Mutsumi Matsumoto, 2000. "A Note on the Composition of Public Expenditure under Capital Tax Competition," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 7(6), pages 691-697, December.
- Negishi, Takashi, 1973. "The excess of public expenditures on industries," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 231-240, July.
- Koichi Futagami & Kazuo Mino, 1995. "Public capital and patterns of growth in the presence of threshold externalities," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 61(2), pages 123-146, June.
- McMillan, John, 1979. "A Note on the Economics of Public Intermediate Goods," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 34(2), pages 293-99.
- Hillman, Arye L, 1978. "Symmetries and Asymmetries between Public Input and Public Good Equilibria," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 33(3), pages 269-79.
- Matsumoto, Mutsumi, 2000. "A Tax Competition Analysis of Congestible Public Inputs," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 242-259, September.
- Henderson, J V, 1974. "A Note on the Economics of Public Intermediate Inputs," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 41(163), pages 322-27, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:iaecre:v:11:y:2005:i:1:p:13-18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.