Harvesting in a Fishery with Stochastic Growth and a Mean-Reverting Price
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Sturla Kvamsdal & Diwakar Poudel & Leif Sandal, 2016. "Harvesting in a Fishery with Stochastic Growth and a Mean-Reverting Price," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 63(3), pages 643-663, March.
References listed on IDEAS
- R. Quentin Grafton & Leif K. Sandal & Stein Ivar Steinshamn, 2000. "How to Improve the Management of Renewable Resources: The Case of Canada's Northern Cod Fishery," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(3), pages 570-580.
- Crost, Benjamin & Traeger, Christian P., 2013. "Optimal climate policy: Uncertainty versus Monte Carlo," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 120(3), pages 552-558.
- Reed, William J., 1979. "Optimal escapement levels in stochastic and deterministic harvesting models," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 350-363, December.
- Junjie Zhang & Martin D. Smith, 2011. "Estimation of a Generalized Fishery Model: A Two-Stage Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 93(2), pages 690-699, May.
- Marten, Alex L. & Moore, Christopher C., 2011.
"An options based bioeconomic model for biological and chemical control of invasive species,"
Elsevier, vol. 70(11), pages 2050-2061, September.
- Alex L. Marten & Christopher C. Moore, 2010. "An Options Based Bioeconomic Model for Biological and Chemical Control of Invasive Species," NCEE Working Paper Series 201006, National Center for Environmental Economics, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, revised May 2010.
- Boyce John R., 1995. "Optimal Capital Accumulation in a Fishery: A Nonlinear Irreversible Investment Model," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 324-339, May.
- Nostbakken, Linda, 2006. "Regime switching in a fishery with stochastic stock and price," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 231-241, March.
- Sethi, Gautam & Costello, Christopher & Fisher, Anthony & Hanemann, Michael & Karp, Larry, 2005.
"Fishery management under multiple uncertainty,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 300-318, September.
- Sethi, Gautam & Costello, Christopher & Fisher, Anthony C. & Hanemann, W. Michael & Karp, Larry, 2004. "Fishery Management Under Multiple Uncertainty," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt8122f9d2, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Insley, Margaret, 2002. "A Real Options Approach to the Valuation of a Forestry Investment," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 471-492, November.
- Saphores, Jean-Daniel, 2003. "Harvesting a renewable resource under uncertainty," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 509-529, December.
- Poudel, Diwakar & Sandal, Leif K. & Kvamsdal, Sturla F. & Steinshamn, Stein I., 2011. "Fisheries Management under Irreversible Investment: Does Stochasticity Matter?," Discussion Papers 2011/20, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Business and Management Science.
- Clark, Colin W. & Kirkwood, Geoffrey P., 1986. "On uncertain renewable resource stocks: Optimal harvest policies and the value of stock surveys," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 235-244, September.
- R. Quentin Grafton & Tom Kompas & Pham Van Ha, 2006.
"The Economic Payoffs from Marine Reserves: Resource Rents in a Stochastic Environment,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 82(259), pages 469-480, December.
- R. Quentin Grafton & Tom Kompas & Pham Van Ha, 2005. "The Economic Payoffs from Marine Reserves: Resource Rents in a Stochastic Environment," International and Development Economics Working Papers idec05-3, International and Development Economics.
- Costello, Christopher & Polasky, Stephen, 2008. "Optimal harvesting of stochastic spatial resources," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 1-18, July.
- Mason, Charles F., 2012.
"On equilibrium in resource markets with scale economies and stochastic prices,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 288-300.
- Charles F Mason, 2012. "On Equilibrium in Resource Markets with Scale Economies and Stochastic Prices," OxCarre Working Papers 073, Oxford Centre for the Analysis of Resource Rich Economies, University of Oxford.
- Ragnar Arnason & Leif K. Sandal & Stein Ivar Steinshamn & Niels Vestergaard, 2004. "Optimal Feedback Controls: Comparative Evaluation of the Cod Fisheries in Denmark, Iceland, and Norway," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(2), pages 531-542.
- Corbett A. Grainger & Dominic P. Parker, 2013. "The Political Economy of Fishery Reform," Annual Review of Resource Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 5(1), pages 369-386, June.
- Sarkar, Sudipto, 2009. "Optimal fishery harvesting rules under uncertainty," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 272-286, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zhao, Yu & Yuan, Sanling, 2017. "Optimal harvesting policy of a stochastic two-species competitive model with Lévy noise in a polluted environment," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 477(C), pages 20-33.
More about this item
KeywordsFeedback policy; Fisheries management; Hamilton–Jacobi–Bellman approach; Mean-reversion; Stochastic optimization;
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- Q22 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Fishery
- Q57 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Ecological Economics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:enreec:v:63:y:2016:i:3:d:10.1007_s10640-014-9857-x. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .