DEoptim: An R Package for Global Optimization by Differential Evolution
This article describes the R package DEoptim, which implements the differential evolution algorithm for global optimization of a real-valued function of a real-valued parameter vector. The implementation of differential evolution in DEoptim interfaces with C code for efficiency. The utility of the package is illustrated by case studies in fitting a Parratt model for X-ray reflectometry data and a Markov-switching generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity model for the returns of the Swiss Market Index.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Higgins, Steven I. & Kantelhardt, Jochen & Scheiter, Simon & Boerner, Jan, 2007. "Sustainable management of extensively managed savanna rangelands," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 102-114, April.
- Franc Klaassen, 2002. "Improving GARCH volatility forecasts with regime-switching GARCH," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 363-394.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Chou, Ray Y. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1992. "ARCH modeling in finance : A review of the theory and empirical evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 5-59.
- Ardia, David & Boudt, Kris & Carl, Peter & Mullen, Katharine M. & Peterson, Brian, 2010. "Differential Evolution (DEoptim) for Non-Convex Portfolio Optimization," MPRA Paper 22135, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hamilton, James D, 1989. "A New Approach to the Economic Analysis of Nonstationary Time Series and the Business Cycle," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 357-84, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jss:jstsof:40:i06. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.