Modeling Multivariate Distributions with Continuous Margins Using the copula R Package
The copula-based modeling of multivariate distributions with continuous margins is presented as a succession of rank-based tests: a multivariate test of randomness followed by a test of mutual independence and a series of goodness-of-fit tests. All the tests under consideration are based on the empirical copula, which is a nonparametric rank-based estimator of the true unknown copula. The principles of the tests are recalled and their implementation in the copula R package is briefly described. Their use in the construction of a copula model from data is thoroughly illustrated on real insurance and financial data.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rémillard, Bruno & Scaillet, Olivier, 2009.
"Testing for equality between two copulas,"
Journal of Multivariate Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 100(3), pages 377-386, March.
- Ghoudi, Kilani & Kulperger, Reg J. & Rémillard, Bruno, 2001. "A Nonparametric Test of Serial Independence for Time Series and Residuals," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 191-218, November.
- Genest, Christian & Rémillard, Bruno & Beaudoin, David, 2009. "Goodness-of-fit tests for copulas: A review and a power study," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 199-213, April.
- Enzo Giacomini & Wolfgang Härdle & Ekaterina Ignatieva & Vladimir Spokoiny, 2006.
"Inhomogeneous Dependency Modelling with Time Varying Copulae,"
SFB 649 Discussion Papers
SFB649DP2006-075, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Giacomini, Enzo & HÃ¤rdle, Wolfgang & Spokoiny, Vladimir, 2009. "Inhomogeneous Dependence Modeling with Time-Varying Copulae," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 27(2), pages 224-234.
- Christian Genest & Jean-François Quessy & Bruno Rémillard, 2006. "Goodness-of-fit Procedures for Copula Models Based on the Probability Integral Transformation," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 33(2), pages 337-366.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jss:jstsof:34:i09. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.