FlexMix Version 2: Finite Mixtures with Concomitant Variables and Varying and Constant Parameters
flexmix provides infrastructure for flexible fitting of finite mixture models in R using the expectation-maximization (EM) algorithm or one of its variants. The functionality of the package was enhanced. Now concomitant variable models as well as varying and constant parameters for the component specific generalized linear regression models can be fitted. The application of the package is demonstrated on several examples, the implementation described and examples given to illustrate how new drivers for the component specific models and the concomitant variable models can be defined.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Celeux, Gilles & Govaert, Gerard, 1992. "A classification EM algorithm for clustering and two stochastic versions," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 315-332, October.
- Biernacki, Christophe & Celeux, Gilles & Govaert, Gerard, 2003. "Choosing starting values for the EM algorithm for getting the highest likelihood in multivariate Gaussian mixture models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-4), pages 561-575, January.
- Karlis, Dimitris & Xekalaki, Evdokia, 2003. "Choosing initial values for the EM algorithm for finite mixtures," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-4), pages 577-590, January.
- Grun, Bettina & Leisch, Friedrich, 2007. "Fitting finite mixtures of generalized linear regressions in R," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(11), pages 5247-5252, July.
- D. Böhning & E. Dietz & P. Schlattmann & L. Mendonça & U. Kirchner, 1999. "The zero-inflated Poisson model and the decayed, missing and filled teeth index in dental epidemiology," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 162(2), pages 195-209.
- Michel Wedel & Wayne DeSarbo, 1995. "A mixture likelihood approach for generalized linear models," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 21-55, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jss:jstsof:28:i04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.