Typisierung der Tarifvertragslandschaft, Eine Clusteranalyse der tarifvertraglichen Oeffnungsklauseln
The introduction of opening causes in collective wage agreements allowing firms to deviate from their collective bargaining agreements has become widely accepted for the last fifteen years. With respect to the flexibility agreed through collective bargaining, the distinctions between single collective bargaining areas of the same industry have increased. Hence, the economic idea of uniform industry-wide central collective bargaining agreements is no longer tenable. The data set of the IAW used in this article provides differentiated information about opening clauses in collective wage agreements. By means of correspondence and cluster analysis, seven groups of collective bargaining areas are identified, which differ in the type of opening clauses introduced. Over the period from 1991 until 2004, the examination of dynamic aspects to these seven groups exhibits typical paths of development towards an improved flexibility agreed through collective bargaining. Furthermore, the conjunction of the data set with the German Structure of Earnings Survey of the years 1995 and 2001 makes it possible to show the relevance of the different types of single collective bargaining areas for employment and industries of the German manufacturing sector.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 227 (2007)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +49 (0)641 99 22 001
Fax: +49 (0)641 99 22 009
Web page: http://wiwi.uni-giessen.de/home/oekonometrie/Jahrbuecher/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Franz, Wolfgang & Gutzeit, Martin & Lessner, Jan & Oechsler, Walter A. & Pfeiffer, Friedhelm & Reichmann, Lars & Rieble, Volker & Roll, Jochen, 2000. "Flexibilisierung der Arbeitsentgelte und Beschäftigungseffekte: Ergebnisse einer Unternehmensbefragung," ZEW Dokumentationen 00-09, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Schnabel, Claus & Zagelmeyer, Stefan & Kohaut, Susanne, 2005. "Collective bargaining structure and its determinants : an empirical analysis with British and German establishment data," IAB Discussion Paper 200516, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Franz, Wolfgang & Pfeiffer, Friedhelm, 2006.
"Reasons for Wage Rigidity in Germany,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2017, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Wolf Dieter Heinbach, 2006.
"Bargained Wages in Decentralized Wage-Setting Regimes,"
IAW Discussion Papers
26, Institut für Angewandte Wirtschaftsforschung (IAW).
- Wolf Dieter Heinbach, 2006. "Bargained Wages in Decentralized Wage-Setting Regimes," Diskussionspapiere aus dem Institut für Volkswirtschaftslehre der Universität Hohenheim 276/2005, Department of Economics, University of Hohenheim, Germany.
- Gesine Stephan & Knut Gerlach, 2005. "Wage settlements and wage setting: results from a multi-level model," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(20), pages 2297-2306.
- Michael Greenacre, 1988. "Clustering the rows and columns of a contingency table," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 39-51, March.
- Franz, Wolfgang & Pfeiffer, Friedhelm, 2001. "Tarifbindung und die ökonomische Rationalität von Lohnrigiditäten," ZEW Discussion Papers 01-01, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Büttner, Thiess & Fitzenberger, Bernd, 1998. "Central wage bargaining and local wage flexibility: evidence from the entire wage distribution," ZEW Discussion Papers 98-39, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Fitzenberger, Bernd & Franz, Wolfgang, 1999. "Der Flächentarifvertrag: Eine kritische Würdigung aus ökonomischer Sicht," ZEW Discussion Papers 99-57, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Wolf Heinbach, 2007. "Wages in wage-setting regimes with opening clauses," AStA Wirtschafts- und Sozialstatistisches Archiv, Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 233-245, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jns:jbstat:v:227:y:2007:i:3:p:219-235. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Winker)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.