Do you look forward to retirement? Motivational biases in pension decisions
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- James J. Choi & David Laibson & Brigitte C. Madrian & Andrew Metrick, 2005. "Passive Decisions and Potent Defaults," NBER Chapters,in: Analyses in the Economics of Aging, pages 59-78 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shlomo Benartzi & Richard Thaler, 2007. "Heuristics and Biases in Retirement Savings Behavior," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 21(3), pages 81-104, Summer.
- Chan, Sewin & Stevens, Ann Huff, 2004. "Do changes in pension incentives affect retirement? A longitudinal study of subjective retirement expectations," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(7-8), pages 1307-1333, July.
- Hedesstrom, Ted Martin & Svedsater, Henrik & Garling, Tommy, 2007. "Determinants of the use of heuristic choice rules in the Swedish Premium Pension Scheme: An Internet-based survey," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 113-126, January.
- Shlomo Benartzi & Richard H. Thaler, 1999. "Risk Aversion or Myopia? Choices in Repeated Gambles and Retirement Investments," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(3), pages 364-381, March.
- Kempf, Alexander & Ruenzi, Stefan, 2005. "Status quo bias and the number of alternatives: An empirical illustration from the mutual fund industry," CFR Working Papers 05-07, University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Samuelson, William & Zeckhauser, Richard, 1988. "Status Quo Bias in Decision Making," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 7-59, March.
- Niklas Karlsson & George Loewenstein & Duane Seppi, 2009. "The ostrich effect: Selective attention to information," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 38(2), pages 95-115, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Momi Dahan & Tehila Kogut & Moshe Shalem, 2009. "Do Economic Policymakers Practice what they Preach? The Case of Pension Decisions," CESifo Working Paper Series 2783, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ruty Keinan & Yoella Bereby-Meyer, 2012. ""Leaving it to chance"-Passive risk taking in everyday life," Judgment and Decision Making, Society for Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 7(6), pages 705-715, November.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jdm:journl:v:7:y:2012:i:3:p:282-291. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.