Religion, group threat and sacred values
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Scott Atran & Joseph Henrich, 2010. "The Evolution of Religion: How Cognitive By-Products, Adaptive Learning Heuristics, Ritual Displays, and Group Competition Generate Deep Commitments to Prosocial Religio," Post-Print ijn_00505193, HAL.
- Paul Rozin & Sharon Wolf, 2008. "Attachment to land: The case of the land of Israel for American and Israeli Jews and the role of contagion," Judgment and Decision Making, Society for Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 3, pages 325-334, April.
- Scott Atran & Robert Axelrod, 2008. "Reframing Sacred Values," Post-Print ijn_00505185, HAL.
- Belk, Russell W & Wallendorf, Melanie & Sherry, John F, Jr, 1989. " The Sacred and the Profane in Consumer Behavior: Theodicy on the Odyssey," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(1), pages 1-38, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dutta, Sunasir & Rao, Hayagreeva, 2015. "Infectious diseases, contamination rumors and ethnic violence: Regimental mutinies in the Bengal Native Army in 1857 India," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 129(C), pages 36-47.
More about this item
Keywordssacred values; protected values; group threat; Palestinians; religiosity; ritual.;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jdm:journl:v:7:y:2012:i:2:p:110-118. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.