Measuring risk literacy: The Berlin Numeracy Test
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- James Banks & Cormac O'Dea & Zoë Oldfield, 2010. "Cognitive Function, Numeracy and Retirement Saving Trajectories," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 120(548), pages 381-410, November.
- Gretchen B. Chapman & Jingjing Liu, 2009. "Numeracy, frequency, and Bayesian reasoning," Judgment and Decision Making, Society for Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 4(1), pages 34-40, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Federica Teppa & Susan Thorp & Hazel Bateman, 2015. "Family, friends and framing: A cross-country study of subjective survival expectations," DNB Working Papers 491, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- repec:jdm:journl:v:13:y:2018:i:1:p:23-32 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nathaniel J. S. Ashby, 2017. "Numeracy predicts preference consistency: Deliberative search heuristics increase choice consistency for choices from description and experience," Judgment and Decision Making, Society for Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 12(2), pages 128-139, March.
- Jan Hausfeld & Sven Resnjanskij, 2017. "Risky Decisions and the Opportunity Costs of Time," TWI Research Paper Series 108, Thurgauer Wirtschaftsinstitut, UniversitÃ¤t Konstanz.
- Friedman, Jeffrey A. & Lerner, Jennifer S. & Zeckhauser, Richard, 2015. "How Quantifying Probability Assessments Influences Analysis and Decision Making: Experimental Evidence from National Security Professionals," Working Paper Series 16-016, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Saima Ghazal & Edward T. Cokely & Rocio Garcia-Retamero, 2014. "Predicting biases in very highly educated samples: Numeracy and metacognition," Judgment and Decision Making, Society for Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 9(1), pages 15-34, January.
- Brent Moritz & Enno Siemsen & Mirko Kremer, 2014. "Judgmental Forecasting: Cognitive Reflection and Decision Speed," Production and Operations Management, Production and Operations Management Society, vol. 23(7), pages 1146-1160, July.
- Ungeheuer, Michael & Weber, Martin, 2016. "The Perception of Dependence, Investment Decisions, and Stock Prices," CEPR Discussion Papers 11585, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Raphael Schoenle & Kristian Ove Myrseth & Rawley Heimer, 2016. "YOLO: Mortality Beliefs and Household Finance Puzzles," 2016 Meeting Papers 661, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Arunachalam Narayanan & Brent B. Moritz, 2015. "Decision Making and Cognition in Multi-Echelon Supply Chains: An Experimental Study," Production and Operations Management, Production and Operations Management Society, vol. 24(8), pages 1216-1234, August.
- Martin Fochmann & Johannes Hewig & Dirk Kiesewetter & Katharina Schüßler, 2017.
"Affective reactions influence investment decisions: evidence from a laboratory experiment with taxation,"
Journal of Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 87(6), pages 779-808, August.
- Schüßler, Katharina & Hewig, Johannes & Kiesewetter, Dirk & Fochmann, Martin, 2014. "Affective reactions influence investment decisions: Evidence from a laboratory experiment with taxation," arqus Discussion Papers in Quantitative Tax Research 160, arqus - Arbeitskreis Quantitative Steuerlehre.
- Cornelia Betsch & Niels Haase & Frank Renkewitz & Philipp Schmid, 2015. "The narrative bias revisited: What drives the biasing influence of narrative information on risk perceptions?," Judgment and Decision Making, Society for Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 10(3), pages 241-264, May.
- Garcia-Retamero, Rocio & Hoffrage, Ulrich, 2013. "Visual representation of statistical information improves diagnostic inferences in doctors and their patients," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 27-33.
- Carmen Keller & Christina Kreuzmair & Rebecca Leins-Hess & Michael Siegrist, 2014. "Numeric and graphic risk information processing of high and low numerates in the intuitive and deliberative decision modes: An eye-tracker study," Judgment and Decision Making, Society for Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 9(5), pages 420-432, September.
- Rawley Z. Heimer & Kristian Ove R. Myrseth & Raphael S. Schoenle, 2015. "YOLO: Mortality Beliefs and Household Finance Puzzles," Working Papers 97, Brandeis University, Department of Economics and International Businesss School.
- Philip W. S. Newall, 2016. "Downside financial risk is misunderstood," Judgment and Decision Making, Society for Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 11(5), pages 416-423, September.
- Langnickel, Ferdinand & Zeisberger, Stefan, 2016. "Do we measure overconfidence? A closer look at the interval production task," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 121-133.
- Sundar, B. & Virmani, Vineet, 2013. "Numeracy and Financial Literacy of Forest Dependent Communities Evidence from Andhra Pradesh," IIMA Working Papers WP2013-09-02, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
More about this item
Keywordsrisk literacy; statistical numeracy; individual differences; cognitive abilities; quantitative reasoning; decision making; risky choice; adaptive testing; Mechanical Turk.;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jdm:journl:v:7:y:2012:i:1:p:25-47. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.