Gambler's fallacy, hot hand belief, and the time of patterns
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Matthew Rabin & Dimitri Vayanos, 2010.
"The Gambler's and Hot-Hand Fallacies: Theory and Applications,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 77(2), pages 730-778.
- Rabin, Matthew & Vayanos, Dimitri, 2007. "The gambler's and hot-hand fallacies: theory and applications," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24476, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Rabin, Matthew & Vayanos, Dimitri, 2007. "The Gambler's and Hot-Hand Fallacies: Theory and Applications," CEPR Discussion Papers 6081, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Matthew Rabin & Dimitri Vayanos, 2007. "The Gambler's and Hot-Hand Fallacies:Theory and Applications," FMG Discussion Papers dp578, Financial Markets Group.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, March.
- Rachel Croson & James Sundali, 2005. "The Gambler’s Fallacy and the Hot Hand: Empirical Data from Casinos," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 195-209, May.
- James Sundali & Rachel Croson, 2006. "Biases in casino betting: The hot hand and the gambler's fallacy," Judgment and Decision Making, Society for Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 1, pages 1-12, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andrey Kudryavtsev & Gil Cohen & Shlomit Hon-Snir, 2013. "“Rational” or “Intuitive”: Are Behavioral Biases Correlated Across Stock Market Investors?," Contemporary Economics, University of Finance and Management in Warsaw, vol. 7(2), June.
- Joshua B. Miller & Adam Sanjurjo, 2014. "A Cold Shower for the Hot Hand Fallacy," Working Papers 518, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- William J. Matthews, 2010. "The gambler's fallacy in retrospect: A supplementary comment on Oppenheimer and Monin (2009)," Judgment and Decision Making, Society for Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 5(2), pages 133-137, April.
- Nunnari, Salvatore & Zapal, Jan, 2016. "Gambler's fallacy and imperfect best response in legislative bargaining," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 275-294.
More about this item
Keywordsgambler's fallacy; hot hand belief; heuristics; mean time; waiting time.;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jdm:journl:v:5:y:2010:i:2:p:124-132. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.