Why do we overestimate others' willingness to pay?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- AndrewE. Clark & Claudia Senik, 2010.
"Who Compares to Whom? The Anatomy of Income Comparisons in Europe,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 120(544), pages 573-594, May.
- Clark, Andrew E. & Senik, Claudia, 2009. "Who Compares to Whom? The Anatomy of Income Comparisons in Europe," IZA Discussion Papers 4414, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Andrew E. Clark & Claudia Senik, 2010. "Who compares to whom? The anatomy of income comparisons in Europe," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" halshs-00754447, HAL.
- Clark, Andrew E. & Senik, Claudia, 2009. "Who Compares to Whom? The Anatomy of Income Comparisons in Europe," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Docweb) 0907, CEPREMAP.
- Bates, Douglas & Mächler, Martin & Bolker, Ben & Walker, Steve, 2015. "Fitting Linear Mixed-Effects Models Using lme4," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 67(i01).
- Keith M. Marzilli Ericson & Andreas Fuster, 2014. "The Endowment Effect," Annual Review of Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 6(1), pages 555-579, August.
- William Vickrey, 1961. "Counterspeculation, Auctions, And Competitive Sealed Tenders," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 16(1), pages 8-37, March.
- Cruces, Guillermo & Perez-Truglia, Ricardo & Tetaz, Martin, 2013.
"Biased perceptions of income distribution and preferences for redistribution: Evidence from a survey experiment,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 100-112.
- Cruces, Guillermo & Perez Truglia, Ricardo & Tetaz, Martin, 2011. "Biased Perceptions of Income Distribution and Preferences for Redistribution: Evidence from a Survey Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 5699, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Guillermo Cruces & Ricardo Pérez Truglia & Martín Tetaz, 2012. "Biased Perceptions of Income Distribution and Preferences for Redistribution: Evidence from a Survey Experiment," CEDLAS, Working Papers 0138, CEDLAS, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Shane Frederick, 2012. "Overestimating Others' Willingness to Pay," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 39(1), pages 1-21.
- Misra, Sukant K. & Huang, Chung L. & Ott, Stephen L., 1991. "Consumer Willingness To Pay For Pesticide-Free Fresh Produce," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 16(2), pages 1-10, December.
- Jorgensen, Bradley S. & Syme, Geoffrey J., 2000. "Protest responses and willingness to pay: attitude toward paying for stormwater pollution abatement," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 251-265, May.
- Didem Kurt & J. Jeffrey Inman, 2013. "Mispredicting Others' Valuations: Self-Other Difference in the Context of Endowment," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 40(1), pages 78-89.
- Kimmo Eriksson & Brent Simpson, 2012. "What do Americans know about inequality? It depends on how you ask them," Judgment and Decision Making, Society for Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 7(6), pages 741-745, November.
- William J. Matthews & Neil Stewart, 2009. "Psychophysics and the judgment of price: Judging complex objects on a non-physical dimension elicits sequential effects like those in perceptual tasks," Judgment and Decision Making, Society for Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 4(1), pages 64-81, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:eujhec:v:20:y:2019:i:7:d:10.1007_s10198-019-01077-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Olofsson, Sara & Gerdtham , Ulf-G & Hultkrantz , Lars & Persson , Ulf, 2016. "Chained Approach vs Contingent Valuation for Estimating the Value of Risk Reduction," Working Papers 2016:34, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Frondel Manuel & Sommer Stephan & Tomberg Lukas, 2019.
"Versorgungssicherheit mit Strom: Empirische Evidenz auf Basis der Inferred-Valuation-Methode,"
Zeitschrift für Wirtschaftspolitik,
De Gruyter, vol. 68(1), pages 53-73, May.
- Frondel, Manuel & Sommer, Stephan & Tomberg, Lukas, 2018. "Versorgungssicherheit mit Strom: Empirische Evidenz auf Basis der Inferred-Valuation-Methode," RWI Materialien 123, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung.
- repec:jdm:journl:v:13:y:2018:i:6:p:547-561 is not listed on IDEAS
- S. Olofsson & U.-G. Gerdtham & L. Hultkrantz & U. Persson, 2019.
"Value of a QALY and VSI estimated with the chained approach,"
The European Journal of Health Economics,
Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 20(7), pages 1063-1077, September.
- Olofsson, Sara & Gerdtham , Ulf-G & Hultkrantz , Lars & Persson , Ulf, 2016. "Value of a QALY and VSI Estimated with the Chained Approach," Working Papers 2016:33, Lund University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordswillingness to pay; wealth-beliefs; overestimation; better-than-average effect.;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jdm:journl:v:11:y:2016:i:1:p:21-39. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.