Integrated Risk Management for Newsvendors with Value-at-Risk Constraints
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Abhilasha Prakash Katariya & Sila Cetinkaya & Eylem Tekin, 2014. "On the comparison of risk-neutral and risk-averse newsvendor problems," Journal of the Operational Research Society, Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 65(7), pages 1090-1107, July.
- Özler, Aysun & Tan, BarIs & Karaesmen, Fikri, 2009. "Multi-product newsvendor problem with value-at-risk considerations," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 117(2), pages 244-255, February.
- Brian W. Nocco & René M. Stulz, 2006. "Enterprise Risk Management: Theory and Practice," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 18(4), pages 8-20, September.
- Graham, John R. & Harvey, Campbell R. & Rajgopal, Shiva, 2005.
"The economic implications of corporate financial reporting,"
Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1-3), pages 3-73, December.
- John R. Graham & Campbell R. Harvey & Shiva Rajgopal, 2004. "The Economic Implications of Corporate Financial Reporting," NBER Working Papers 10550, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- René Caldentey & Martin B. Haugh, 2009. "Supply Contracts with Financial Hedging," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 57(1), pages 47-65, February.
- Mokrane Bouakiz & Matthew J. Sobel, 1992. "Inventory Control with an Exponential Utility Criterion," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 40(3), pages 603-608, June.
- Christopher L. Culp & Merton H. Miller & Andrea M. P. Neves, 1998. "Value At Risk: Uses And Abuses," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 10(4), pages 26-38, January.
- Gotoh, Jun-ya & Takano, Yuichi, 2007. "Newsvendor solutions via conditional value-at-risk minimization," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 179(1), pages 80-96, May.
- Ankur Goel & Genaro J. Gutierrez, 2011. "Multiechelon Procurement and Distribution Policies for Traded Commodities," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 57(12), pages 2228-2244, December.
- Panos Kouvelis & Rong Li & Qing Ding, 2013. "Managing Storable Commodity Risks: The Role of Inventory and Financial Hedge," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 15(3), pages 507-521, July.
- Burak Kazaz & Scott Webster, 2015. "Technical Note—Price-Setting Newsvendor Problems with Uncertain Supply and Risk Aversion," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 63(4), pages 807-811, August.
- Vishal Gaur & Sridhar Seshadri, 2005. "Hedging Inventory Risk Through Market Instruments," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 7(2), pages 103-120, April.
- Sime Curkovic & Thomas Scannell & Bret Wagner & Mike Vitek, 2013. "Supply Chain Risk Management within the Context of COSO¡¯s Enterprise Risk Management Framework," Journal of Business Administration Research, Journal of Business Administration Research, Sciedu Press, vol. 2(1), pages 15-28, April.
- Qing Ding & Lingxiu Dong & Panos Kouvelis, 2007. "On the Integration of Production and Financial Hedging Decisions in Global Markets," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 55(3), pages 470-489, June.
- Yumi Oum & Shmuel Oren & Shijie Deng, 2006. "Hedging quantity risks with standard power options in a competitive wholesale electricity market," Naval Research Logistics (NRL), John Wiley & Sons, vol. 53(7), pages 697-712, October.
- Ankur Goel & Fehmi Tanrisever, 2017. "Financial Hedging and Optimal Procurement Policies under Correlated Price and Demand," Production and Operations Management, Production and Operations Management Society, vol. 26(10), pages 1924-1945, October.
- Vipul Agrawal & Sridhar Seshadri, 2000. "Impact of Uncertainty and Risk Aversion on Price and Order Quantity in the Newsvendor Problem," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 2(4), pages 410-423, July.
- P. Carr & D. Madan, 2001. "Optimal positioning in derivative securities," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(1), pages 19-37.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sun, Xuting & Chung, Sai-Ho & Choi, Tsan-Ming & Sheu, Jiuh-Biing & Ma, Hoi Lam, 2020. "Combating lead-time uncertainty in global supply chain's shipment-assignment: Is it wise to be risk-averse?," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 138(C), pages 406-434.
More about this item
Keywordsinventory theory and control; risk management; OM-finance interface;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormsom:v:21:y:2019:i:4:p:816-832. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matthew Walls). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.