Dynamic Inventory Management with Learning About the Demand Distribution and Substitution Probability
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- William S. Lovejoy, 1990. "Myopic Policies for Some Inventory Models with Uncertain Demand Distributions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 36(6), pages 724-738, June.
- Katy S. Azoury, 1985. "Bayes Solution to Dynamic Inventory Models Under Unknown Demand Distribution," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 31(9), pages 1150-1160, September.
- Martin A. Lariviere & Evan L. Porteus, 1999. "Stalking Information: Bayesian Inventory Management with Unobserved Lost Sales," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(3), pages 346-363, March.
- Wang, Qinan & Parlar, Mahmut, 1994. "A three-person game theory model arising in stochastic inventory control theory," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 83-97, July.
- Steven Nahmias & Stephen A. Smith, 1994. "Optimizing Inventory Levels in a Two-Echelon Retailer System with Partial Lost Sales," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(5), pages 582-596, May.
- Rajaram, Kumar & Tang, Christopher S., 2001. "The impact of product substitution on retail merchandising," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 135(3), pages 582-601, December.
- Ricardo Ernst & Panagiotis Kouvelis, 1999. "The Effects of Selling Packaged Goods on Inventory Decisions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(8), pages 1142-1155, August.
- Giora Harpaz & Wayne Y. Lee & Robert L. Winkler, 1982. "Learning, Experimentation, and the Optimal Output Decisions of a Competitive Firm," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(6), pages 589-603, June.
- Mor Armony & Erica L. Plambeck, 2005. "The Impact of Duplicate Orders on Demand Estimation and Capacity Investment," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(10), pages 1505-1518, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mor Armony & Erica Plambeck & Sridhar Seshadri, 2009. "Sensitivity of Optimal Capacity to Customer Impatience in an Unobservable M/M/S Queue (Why You Shouldn't Shout at the DMV)," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 11(1), pages 19-32, June.
- Katy S. Azoury & Julia Miyaoka, 2009. "Optimal Policies and Approximations for a Bayesian Linear Regression Inventory Model," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 55(5), pages 813-826, May.
- Zhang, Jian & Zhang, Juliang & Hua, Guowei, 2016. "Multi-period inventory games with information update," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 174(C), pages 119-127.
- MarbÃ¡n SebastiÃ¡n & Rutten Cyriel & Vredeveld Tjark, 2010. "Tight performance in Bayesian Scheduling," Research Memorandum 052, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Alp Akcay & Bahar Biller & Sridhar Tayur, 2011. "Improved Inventory Targets in the Presence of Limited Historical Demand Data," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 13(3), pages 297-309, July.
More about this item
KeywordsBayesian inventory management; unknown demand distribution; unobserved lost sales; substitution probability; Bayesian dynamic programming; optimal inventory control; maximum likelihood estimator; make-to-stock queue;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormsom:v:10:y:2008:i:2:p:236-256. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.