Dynamic Inventory Management with Learning About the Demand Distribution and Substitution Probability
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- William S. Lovejoy, 1990. "Myopic Policies for Some Inventory Models with Uncertain Demand Distributions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 36(6), pages 724-738, June.
- Katy S. Azoury, 1985. "Bayes Solution to Dynamic Inventory Models Under Unknown Demand Distribution," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 31(9), pages 1150-1160, September.
- Martin A. Lariviere & Evan L. Porteus, 1999. "Stalking Information: Bayesian Inventory Management with Unobserved Lost Sales," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(3), pages 346-363, March.
- Wang, Qinan & Parlar, Mahmut, 1994. "A three-person game theory model arising in stochastic inventory control theory," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 83-97, July.
- Steven Nahmias & Stephen A. Smith, 1994. "Optimizing Inventory Levels in a Two-Echelon Retailer System with Partial Lost Sales," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(5), pages 582-596, May.
- Rajaram, Kumar & Tang, Christopher S., 2001. "The impact of product substitution on retail merchandising," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 135(3), pages 582-601, December.
- Ricardo Ernst & Panagiotis Kouvelis, 1999. "The Effects of Selling Packaged Goods on Inventory Decisions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(8), pages 1142-1155, August.
- Giora Harpaz & Wayne Y. Lee & Robert L. Winkler, 1982. "Learning, Experimentation, and the Optimal Output Decisions of a Competitive Firm," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(6), pages 589-603, June.
- Mor Armony & Erica L. Plambeck, 2005. "The Impact of Duplicate Orders on Demand Estimation and Capacity Investment," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(10), pages 1505-1518, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mor Armony & Erica Plambeck & Sridhar Seshadri, 2009. "Sensitivity of Optimal Capacity to Customer Impatience in an Unobservable M/M/S Queue (Why You Shouldn't Shout at the DMV)," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 11(1), pages 19-32, June.
- Katy S. Azoury & Julia Miyaoka, 2009. "Optimal Policies and Approximations for a Bayesian Linear Regression Inventory Model," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 55(5), pages 813-826, May.
- Zhang, Jian & Zhang, Juliang & Hua, Guowei, 2016. "Multi-period inventory games with information update," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 174(C), pages 119-127.
- MarbÃ¡n SebastiÃ¡n & Rutten Cyriel & Vredeveld Tjark, 2010. "Tight performance in Bayesian Scheduling," Research Memorandum 052, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Alp Akcay & Bahar Biller & Sridhar Tayur, 2011. "Improved Inventory Targets in the Presence of Limited Historical Demand Data," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 13(3), pages 297-309, July.
More about this item
KeywordsBayesian inventory management; unknown demand distribution; unobserved lost sales; substitution probability; Bayesian dynamic programming; optimal inventory control; maximum likelihood estimator; make-to-stock queue;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormsom:v:10:y:2008:i:2:p:236-256. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .