Demand Allocation in Systems with Multiple Inventory Locations and Multiple Demand Sources
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Colin E. Bell & Shaler Stidham, Jr., 1983. "Individual versus Social Optimization in the Allocation of Customers to Alternative Servers," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(7), pages 831-839, July.
- Paul H. Zipkin, 1995. "Performance Analysis of a Multi-Item Production-Inventory System Under Alternative Policies," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 41(4), pages 690-703, April.
- Saif Benjaafar & William L. Cooper & Joon-Seok Kim, 2005. "On the Benefits of Pooling in Production-Inventory Systems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(4), pages 548-565, April.
- Saif Benjaafar & Mohsen ElHafsi & Francis de Véricourt, 2004. "Demand Allocation in Multiple-Product, Multiple-Facility, Make-to-Stock Systems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(10), pages 1431-1448, October.
- Gary D. Eppen, 1979. "Note--Effects of Centralization on Expected Costs in a Multi-Location Newsboy Problem," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(5), pages 498-501, May.
- Jan A. Van Mieghem & Nils Rudi, 2002. "Newsvendor Networks: Inventory Management and Capacity Investment with Discretionary Activities," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 4(4), pages 313-335, August.
- Tang, Christopher S. & van Vliet, Mario, 1994. "Traffic allocation for manufacturing systems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 171-185, May.
More about this item
Keywordsproduction-inventory systems; optimal demand allocation; make-to-stock queues; facility location;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormsom:v:10:y:2008:i:1:p:43-60. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.