Demand Allocation in Systems with Multiple Inventory Locations and Multiple Demand Sources
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Colin E. Bell & Shaler Stidham, Jr., 1983. "Individual versus Social Optimization in the Allocation of Customers to Alternative Servers," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(7), pages 831-839, July.
- Paul H. Zipkin, 1995. "Performance Analysis of a Multi-Item Production-Inventory System Under Alternative Policies," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 41(4), pages 690-703, April.
- Saif Benjaafar & William L. Cooper & Joon-Seok Kim, 2005. "On the Benefits of Pooling in Production-Inventory Systems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(4), pages 548-565, April.
- Saif Benjaafar & Mohsen ElHafsi & Francis de Véricourt, 2004. "Demand Allocation in Multiple-Product, Multiple-Facility, Make-to-Stock Systems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(10), pages 1431-1448, October.
- Gary D. Eppen, 1979. "Note--Effects of Centralization on Expected Costs in a Multi-Location Newsboy Problem," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(5), pages 498-501, May.
- Jan A. Van Mieghem & Nils Rudi, 2002. "Newsvendor Networks: Inventory Management and Capacity Investment with Discretionary Activities," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 4(4), pages 313-335, August.
- Tang, Christopher S. & van Vliet, Mario, 1994. "Traffic allocation for manufacturing systems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 171-185, May.
More about this item
Keywordsproduction-inventory systems; optimal demand allocation; make-to-stock queues; facility location;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormsom:v:10:y:2008:i:1:p:43-60. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .