Optimal Control and Hedging of Operations in the Presence of Financial Markets
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- M. B. Haugh & A. W. Lo, 2001. "Asset allocation and derivatives," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(1), pages 45-72.
- Khouja, Moutaz, 1999. "The single-period (news-vendor) problem: literature review and suggestions for future research," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 537-553, October.
- Freddy Delbaen & Peter Grandits & Thorsten Rheinländer & Dominick Samperi & Martin Schweizer & Christophe Stricker, 2002. "Exponential Hedging and Entropic Penalties," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(2), pages 99-123, April.
- James E. Smith & Robert F. Nau, 1995. "Valuing Risky Projects: Option Pricing Theory and Decision Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 41(5), pages 795-816, May.
- Cox, John C. & Huang, Chi-fu, 1989. "Optimal consumption and portfolio policies when asset prices follow a diffusion process," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 33-83, October.
- Vishal Gaur & Sridhar Seshadri, 2005. "Hedging Inventory Risk Through Market Instruments," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 7(2), pages 103-120, April.
- Ross Williams, 2013. "Introduction," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 46(4), pages 460-461, December.
- Martin Schweizer & HuyËn Pham & (*), Thorsten RheinlÄnder, 1998. "Mean-variance hedging for continuous processes: New proofs and examples," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 173-198.
- Dimitris Bertsimas & Leonid Kogan & Andrew W. Lo, 2001. "Hedging Derivative Securities and Incomplete Markets: An (epsilon)-Arbitrage Approach," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 49(3), pages 372-397, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jian Ni & Lap Keung Chu & Shoude Li, 2018. "Financial hedging and competitive strategy for value-maximizing firms under quantity competition," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 264(1), pages 391-407, May.
- Yuqian Xu & Lingjiong Zhu & Michael Pinedo, 2020. "Operational Risk Management: A Stochastic Control Framework with Preventive and Corrective Controls," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 68(6), pages 1804-1825, November.
- Liao Wang & David D. Yao, 2017. "Production with Risk Hedging—Optimal Policy and Efficient Frontier," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 65(4), pages 1095-1113, August.
- Xin Chen & Melvyn Sim & David Simchi-Levi & Peng Sun, 2007. "Risk Aversion in Inventory Management," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 55(5), pages 828-842, October.
- Juzhi Zhang & Suresh P. Sethi & Tsan‐Ming Choi & T. C. E. Cheng, 2020. "Supply Chains Involving a Mean‐Variance‐Skewness‐Kurtosis Newsvendor: Analysis and Coordination," Production and Operations Management, Production and Operations Management Society, vol. 29(6), pages 1397-1430, June.
- Ni, Jian & Chu, Lap Keung & Li, Qiang, 2017. "Capacity decisions with debt financing: The effects of agency problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 261(3), pages 1158-1169.
- Mahapatra, Santosh & Levental, Shlomo & Narasimhan, Ram, 2017. "Market price uncertainty, risk aversion and procurement: Combining contracts and open market sourcing alternatives," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 185(C), pages 34-51.
- Panos Kouvelis & Rong Li & Qing Ding, 2013. "Managing Storable Commodity Risks: The Role of Inventory and Financial Hedge," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 15(3), pages 507-521, July.
- S. Alex Yang & John R. Birge, 2018. "Trade Credit, Risk Sharing, and Inventory Financing Portfolios," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 64(8), pages 3667-3689, August.
- Yuemeng Sun & Johannes Wissel & Peter Jackson, 2016. "Separation results for multi-product inventory hedging problems," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 237(1), pages 143-159, February.
- S. Alex Yang & John R. Birge & Rodney P. Parker, 2015. "The Supply Chain Effects of Bankruptcy," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 61(10), pages 2320-2338, October.
- Li, X. & Zuidwijk, R.A. & de Koster, M.B.M. & Dekker, R., 2016. "Competitive Capacity Investment under Uncertainty," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2016-005-LIS, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Balter, Anne G. & Pelsser, Antoon, 2020. "Pricing and hedging in incomplete markets with model uncertainty," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 282(3), pages 911-925.
- Nicola Secomandi & Guoming Lai & François Margot & Alan Scheller-Wolf & Duane J. Seppi, 2015. "Merchant Commodity Storage and Term-Structure Model Error," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 17(3), pages 302-320, July.
- John R. Birge, 2015. "OM Forum—Operations and Finance Interactions," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 17(1), pages 4-15, February.
- Qing Ding & Lingxiu Dong & Panos Kouvelis, 2007. "On the Integration of Production and Financial Hedging Decisions in Global Markets," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 55(3), pages 470-489, June.
- Peter Berling & Victor Martínez-de-Albéniz, 2011. "Optimal Inventory Policies when Purchase Price and Demand Are Stochastic," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 59(1), pages 109-124, February.
- Michail Anthropelos & Michael Kupper & Antonis Papapantoleon, 2018.
"An Equilibrium Model for Spot and Forward Prices of Commodities,"
Mathematics of Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 43(1), pages 152-180, February.
- Michail Anthropelos & Michael Kupper & Antonis Papapantoleon, 2015. "An equilibrium model for spot and forward prices of commodities," Papers 1502.00674, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2017.
- Yuemeng Sun & Johannes Wissel & Peter L. Jackson, 2016. "Separation results for multi-product inventory hedging problems," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 237(1), pages 143-159, February.
- Ding, Wen & Wan, Guohua, 2020. "Financing and coordinating the supply chain with a capital-constrained supplier under yield uncertainty," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 230(C).
- Liu, Zugang & Wang, Jia, 2019. "Supply chain network equilibrium with strategic financial hedging using futures," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 272(3), pages 962-978.
- Alavi Fard, Farzad & He, Jian & Ivanov, Dmitry & Jie, Ferry, 2019. "A utility adjusted newsvendor model with stochastic demand," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 211(C), pages 154-165.
- Hofmann, Erik, 2011. "Risk management in international supply chains: the case of natural hedging," Die Unternehmung - Swiss Journal of Business Research and Practice, Nomos Verlagsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG, vol. 65(2), pages 155-192.
More about this item
Keywordsoperations management; portfolio optimization; stochastic control; incomplete markets;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormoor:v:31:y:2006:i:2:p:285-304. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matthew Walls). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.