Existenzgründungsförderung in Deutschland : Zwischenergebnisse aus der Hartz-Evaluation (Promotion of business start-ups in Germany : first results from the "Hartz evaluation")
"The promotion of business start-ups by formerly unemployed individuals has become an increasingly important instrument of German active labour market policy (ALMP) in recent years. With the introduction of the start-up subsidy (Existenzgründungszuschuss) on 1.1.2003 unemployed individuals who wish to set up their own business have now two instruments at their disposal - the first one being the bridging allowance (Überbrückungsgeld). In 2004 more than 350,000 people utilized either one of the two programmes, underpinning their importance within the set of ALMP instruments. In the context of the Hartz evaluation, we are assessing the two programmes with respect to their outreach and effectiveness. Our results show that both schemes help participants to avoid a return into unemployment. While this outcome is based on a sufficiently long observation period for the bridging allowance, results are still preliminary for the start-up subsidy. We further observe that the new programme attracts target groups which were previously underrepresented in the self-employment population. Accordingly start-ups which are supported by the bridging allowance differ considerably from those supported by the start-up subsidy." (Author's abstract, IAB-Doku) ((en))
Volume (Year): 39 (2006)
Issue (Month): 3/4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.iab.de/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/labor/journal/12651?detailsPage=subscription|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Caliendo, Marco & Fossen, Frank M. & Kritikos, Alexander S., 2006.
"Risk Attitudes of Nascent Entrepreneurs: New Evidence from an Experimentally Validated Survey,"
252, European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder), Department of Business Administration and Economics.
- Marco Caliendo & Frank Fossen & Alexander Kritikos, 2009. "Risk attitudes of nascent entrepreneurs–new evidence from an experimentally validated survey," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 32(2), pages 153-167, February.
- Caliendo, Marco & Fossen, Frank M. & Kritikos, Alexander S., 2006. "Risk Attitudes of Nascent Entrepreneurs: New Evidence from an Experimentally-Validated Survey," IZA Discussion Papers 2168, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Marco Caliendo & Frank M. Fossen & Alexander S. Kritikos, 2006. "Risk Attitudes of Nascent Entrepreneurs: New Evidence from an Experimentally-Validated Survey," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 600, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Pfeiffer, Friedhelm, 2005. "Existenzgründungen: Ein Weg zur Beschäftigungsförderung?," ZEW Discussion Papers 05-71, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iab:iabzaf:v:2006:i:3/4:p:505-531. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (IAB, Geschäftsbereich Dokumentation und Bibliothek)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.