Vermittlungsgutscheine und Beauftragungen Dritter im Vergleich (Job placement vouchers and the contracting out of placement services compared)
"This paper makes a direct comparison of the relative effectiveness of job placement vouchers and the contracting out of placement services. The study is based on the process data of the Federal Employment Agency (Bundesagentur für Arbeit) and refers to the year 2004. The proportion of people who are in employment subject to social security contributions during the six months following the use of the instruments is regarded as the target variable. The results of the microeconometric comparison indicate that placement vouchers have put back into work more unemployed people who are legally entitled to use both instruments than the contracting out of placement services." (Author's abstract, IAB-Doku) ((en))
Volume (Year): 39 (2006)
Issue (Month): 3/4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Regensburger Str. 104, D-90327 Nürnberg|
Web page: http://www.iab.de/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/labor/journal/12651?detailsPage=subscription|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- James Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Jeffrey Smith & Petra Todd, 1998.
"Characterizing Selection Bias Using Experimental Data,"
NBER Working Papers
6699, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Jeffrey Smith & Petra Todd, 1998. "Characterizing Selection Bias Using Experimental Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 66(5), pages 1017-1098, September.
- Almus, Matthias & Egeln, Jürgen & Lechner, Michael & Pfeiffer, Friedhelm & Spengler, Hannes, 1998. "Die gemeinnützige Arbeitnehmerüberlassung in Rheinland-Pfalz: Eine ökonometrische Analyse des Wiedereingliederungserfolgs," ZEW Discussion Papers 98-36, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Michael Gerfin & Michael Lechner, 2002.
"A Microeconometric Evaluation of the Active Labour Market Policy in Switzerland,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(482), pages 854-893, October.
- Gerfin, Michael & Lechner, Michael, 2000. "Microeconometric Evaluation of the Active Labour Market Policy in Switzerland," IZA Discussion Papers 154, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Winterhager, Henrik, 2006. "Private Job Placement Services: A Microeconometric Evaluation for Germany," ZEW Discussion Papers 06-26, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Lechner, Michael, 1999. "Earnings and Employment Effects of Continuous Off-the-Job Training in East Germany after Unification," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 17(1), pages 74-90, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iab:iabzaf:v:2006:i:3/4:p:425-445. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (IAB, Geschäftsbereich Dokumentation und Bibliothek)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.