Typisierung von Bezirken der Agenturen für Arbeit (Classification of employment office areas)
In a project group of the Federal Employment Service, two classification systems were developed for categorizing employment office areas, one with five and the other with twelve types. The former is intended for the development of strategies of labour market policy; the latter serves to facilitate comparison of the areas themselves. Both are consistent, as the more precise division can be converted into the more approximate one by means of combination. Causal analyses of the exogenous determinants of the success of labour market policy form the basis of the classification. An innovative methodical approach is based on the linking of regression and cluster analyses. The types are now used in the Federal Employment Service for practical tasks of labour market policy, decentralised management and controlling purposes. The classification is also of scientific interest. The empirical diversity of regional disparities is reduced to just a few types which are, however, meaningful. (IAB2) ((en))
Volume (Year): 37 (2004)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Regensburger Str. 104, D-90327 Nürnberg|
Web page: http://www.iab.de/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/labor/journal/12651?detailsPage=subscription|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Barbara Petrongolo & Christopher Pissarides, 2000.
"Looking into the black box: a survey of the matching function,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
2122, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Christopher A. Pissarides & Barbara Petrongolo, 2001. "Looking into the Black Box: A Survey of the Matching Function," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(2), pages 390-431, June.
- Petrongolo, Barbara & Pissarides, Christopher, 2000. "Looking Into The Black Box: A Survey Of The Matching Function," CEPR Discussion Papers 2409, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Barbara Petrongolo & Christopher A. Pissarides, 2000. "Looking Into the Black Box: A Survey of the Matching Function," CEP Discussion Papers dp0470, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Sunde, Uwe, 2002. "Unobserved Bilateral Search on the Labor Market: A Theory-Based Correction for a Common Flaw in Empirical Matching Studies," IZA Discussion Papers 520, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hagen, Tobias, 2003. "Three Approaches to the Evaluation of Active Labour Market Policy in East Germany Using Regional Data," ZEW Discussion Papers 03-27, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Caliendo, Marco & Hujer, Reinhard & Thomsen, Stephan L., 2004. "Evaluation der Eingliederungseffekte von Arbeitsbeschaffungsmaßnahmen in reguläre Beschäftigung für Teilnehmer in Deutschland," ZEW Discussion Papers 04-46, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iab:iabzaf:v:2004:i:2:p:146-175. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (IAB, Geschäftsbereich Dokumentation und Bibliothek)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.