Mismatch-Arbeitslosigkeit unter Geringqualifizierten (Mismatch-unemployment among the low-skilled)
"The study examines the reasons for the differences in the mismatch-unemployment between different qualification groups in western Germany. In particular possible causes for the high level of mismatch within the group of the low-skilled with a disproportionate increase in the 1980s and 1990s are analysed in more detail. As by definition formal qualification requirements can not constitute barriers to entry to the labour market for the group of the low-skilled, qualification- specific mismatch can be ruled out as a cause. In addition no convincing indications of measurement-related reasons for this development are found. Thus differences between the qualification groups with regard to regional mismatch, the registration rate or the fluctuation on the labour market can be rejected as possible causes for the high level of mismatch within the group of the low-skilled. In contrast, differences do exist between the qualification groups with regard to labour-market-relevant personal characteristics and particularly with regard to mismatch associated with wages. Social-qualification and wage-related factors thus constitute the most plausible explanations for the high level of mismatch and its development within the group of the low-skilled." (Author's abstract, IAB-Doku) ((en))
Volume (Year): 34 (2001)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Regensburger Str. 104, D-90327 Nürnberg|
Web page: http://www.iab.de/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Christensen, Björn, 2001. "Beveridge-Kurven und Motivations-Mismatch," Kiel Working Papers 1044, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Jackman, R & Roper, S, 1987. "Structural Unemployment," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 49(1), pages 9-36, February.
- Machin, Steve & Van Reenen, John, 1996.
"Technology and Changes in Skill Structure: Evidence from an International Panel of Industries,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1434, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stephen Machin & A Ryan & John Van Reenen, 1996. "Technology and Changes in Skill Structure: Evidence from an International Panel of Industries," CEP Discussion Papers dp0297, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Stephen Machin & Annette Ryan & John Van Reenen, 1996. "Technology and changes in skill structure: Evidence from an international panel of industries," IFS Working Papers W96/06, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Enswar Prasad, 2001. "The Dynamics of Reservation Wages: Preliminary Evidence from the GSOEP," Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 70(1), pages 44-50.
- Kleinert, Jörn & Schimmelpfennig, Axel & Schrader, Klaus & Stehn, Jürgen, 2000. "Globalisierung, Strukturwandel und Beschäftigung," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 2448, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Peter, Waltraut, 2000. "Das deutsche Sozialhilfesystem: Im Spannungsfeld zwischen sozialer Fürsorge und Hilfe zur Arbeit," IW-Trends – Vierteljahresschrift zur empirischen Wirtschaftsforschung, Institut der deutschen Wirtschaft Köln (IW) / Cologne Institute for Economic Research, vol. 27(2), pages 57-70.
- Christensen, Björn, 2001. "Qualifikationsanforderungen und Arbeitsformen in der Neuen Ökonomie," Kiel Working Papers 1081, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW). Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iab:iabmit:v:2001:i:4:p:506-514. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (IAB, Geschäftsbereich Dokumentation und Bibliothek)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.