Prediction of distress and identification of potential M&As targets in UK
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- John Y. Campbell & Jens Hilscher & Jan Szilagyi, 2008.
"In Search of Distress Risk,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 63(6), pages 2899-2939, December.
- John Y. Campbell & Jens Hilscher & Jan Szilagyi, 2005. "In Searach of Distress Risk," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 2081, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Szilagyi, Jan & Hilscher, Jens & Campbell, John, 2008. "In Search of Distress Risk," Scholarly Articles 3199070, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Campbell, John Y. & Hilscher, Jens & Szilagyi, Jan, 2005. "In search of distress risk," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2005,27, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- John Y. Campbell & Jens Hilscher & Jan Szilagyi, 2006. "In Search of Distress Risk," NBER Working Papers 12362, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zhang, Guoqiang & Y. Hu, Michael & Eddy Patuwo, B. & C. Indro, Daniel, 1999. "Artificial neural networks in bankruptcy prediction: General framework and cross-validation analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 116(1), pages 16-32, July.
- Ronan G. Powell, 1997. "Modelling Takeover Likelihood," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(7&8), pages 1009-1030.
- Schoenberg, Richard & Reeves, Richard, 1999. "What determines acquisition activity within an industry?," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 93-98, February.
- Nico Dewaelheyns & Cynthia Van Hulle, 2006.
"Corporate Failure Prediction Modeling: Distorted by Business Groups' Internal Capital Markets?,"
Journal of Business Finance & Accounting,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(5‐6), pages 909-931, June.
- Nico Dewaelheyns & Cynthia Van Hulle, 2006. "Corporate Failure Prediction Modeling: Distorted by Business Groups' Internal Capital Markets?," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(5-6), pages 909-931.
- Eckbo, B. Espen, 1983. "Horizontal mergers, collusion, and stockholder wealth," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1-4), pages 241-273, April.
- Levine, Paul & Aaronovitch, Sam, 1981. "The Financial Characteristics of Firms and Theories of Merger Activity," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(2), pages 149-172, December.
- Andreas Charitou & Evi Neophytou & Chris Charalambous, 2004. "Predicting corporate failure: empirical evidence for the UK," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(3), pages 465-497.
- Franks, Julian & Mayer, Colin, 1996. "Hostile takeovers and the correction of managerial failure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 163-181, January.
- Shrieves, Ronald E. & Stevens, Donald L., 1979. "Bankruptcy Avoidance as a Motive For Merger," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(3), pages 501-515, September.
- repec:bla:joares:v:18:y:1980:i:1:p:109-131 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dietrich, J. Kimball & Sorensen, Eric, 1984. "An application of logit analysis to prediction of merger targets," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 393-402, September.
- Bruner, Robert F., 1988. "The Use of Excess Cash and Debt Capacity as a Motive for Merger," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(2), pages 199-217, June.
- Barnes, Paul, 2000. "The identification of U.K. takeover targets using published historical cost accounting data Some empirical evidence comparing logit with linear discriminant analysis and raw financial ratios with indu," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 147-162.
- Altman, Edward I., 1984. "The success of business failure prediction models : An international survey," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 171-198, June.
- Jan Camerlynck & Hubert Ooghe & Tine Langhe, 2005.
"Pre-Acquisition Profile of Privately Held Companies Involved in Take-Overs: An Empirical Study,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 24(2), pages 169-186, March.
- Hubert Ooghe & Jan Camerlynck, 2002. "Pre-acquisition profile of privately held companies involved in takeovers: an empirical study," Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School Working Paper Series 2001-10, Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School.
- David Citron & Mike Wright & Rod Ball & Fred Rippington, 2003. "Secured Creditor Recovery Rates from Management Buy‐outs in Distress," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 9(2), pages 141-161, June.
- Evi Neophytou & Cecilio Mar Molinero, 2004. "Predicting Corporate Failure in the UK: A Multidimensional Scaling Approach," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(5-6), pages 677-710.
- Andy Cosh & Paul M. Guest & Alan Hughes, 2006. "Board Share-Ownership and Takeover Performance," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(3-4), pages 459-510.
- Shumway, Tyler, 2001. "Forecasting Bankruptcy More Accurately: A Simple Hazard Model," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74(1), pages 101-124, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Costel ISTRATE & Ioan Bogdan ROBU & Mihai CARP, 2015. "Impact Of The Transition To Ifrs For The Romanian Listed Companies In Financial Distress," Review of Economic and Business Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, issue 15, pages 83-102, June.
More about this item
KeywordsUnited Kingdom; Public companies; Corporate finances; Acquisitions and mergers;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eme:mfipps:v:38:y:2012:i:11:p:1085-1104. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Virginia Chapman). General contact details of provider: http://www.emeraldinsight.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.