The relevance of IFRS to an emerging market: evidence from Greece
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Holger Daske & Günther Gebhardt, 2006. "International financial reporting standards and experts' perceptions of disclosure quality," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 42(3-4), pages 461-498.
- Apostolos Ballas, 1994. "Accounting in Greece," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(1), pages 107-121.
- Pascale Delvaille & Gabi Ebbers & Chiara Saccon, 2005. "International Financial Reporting Convergence: Evidence from Three Continental European Countries," Accounting in Europe, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(1), pages 137-164, January.
- Ioannis Anagnostopoulos & Roger Buckland, 2007. "Bank accounting and bank value: harmonising (d)effects of a common accounting culture?," Journal of Financial Regulation and Compliance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 15(4), pages 360-380, November.
- Baker, C. Richard & Barbu, Elena M., 2007. "Trends in research on international accounting harmonization," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 272-304.
- Tyrrall, David & Woodward, David & Rakhimbekova, Almagoul, 2007. "The relevance of International Financial Reporting Standards to a developing country: Evidence from Kazakhstan," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 82-110.
- E. Barbu & C. R. Baker, 2007. "Trends in research on international accounting harmonization," Post-Print halshs-00325849, HAL.
- Charalambos Spathis & Eleftheria Georgakopoulou, 2007. "The adoption of IFRS in South Eastern Europe: the case of Greece," International Journal of Financial Services Management, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 2(1/2), pages 50-63.
- Jeanjean, Thomas & Stolowy, Hervé, 2008. "Do accounting standards matter? An exploratory analysis of earnings management before and after IFRS adoption," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 480-494.
- Peter Standish, 2003. "Evaluating National Capacity for Direct Participation in International Accounting Harmonization: France as a Test Case," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 39(2), pages 186-210.
- Muhammad Jahangir Ali, 2006. "Disclosure harmonization of accounting practices: the case for South Asia," Asian Review of Accounting, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 14(1), pages 168-186, July.
- Cooke, Terence E. & Wallace, R. S. Olusegun, 1990. "Financial disclosure regulation and its environment: A review and further analysis," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 79-110.
- Apostolos Ballas & Dimosthenis Hevas & David Neal, 1998. "The State of Accounting and the State of the State," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 2(3), pages 267-285, September.
- Zeghal, Daniel & Mhedhbi, Karim, 2006. "An analysis of the factors affecting the adoption of international accounting standards by developing countries," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 373-386, 012.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:advacc:v:29:y:2013:i:1:p:108-123 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vasilios-Christos Naoum & Nicos Sykianakis & Christos Tzovas, 2011. "The perceptions of managers of Greek firms regarding the Costs and Benefits ensuing from the adoption of International Financial Reporting Standards in Greece," International Journal of Business and Economic Sciences Applied Research (IJBESAR), Eastern Macedonia and Thrace Institute of Technology (EMATTECH), Kavala, Greece, vol. 4(3), pages 59-74, December.
- repec:eee:accfor:v:38:y:2014:i:1:p:38-54 is not listed on IDEAS
- Raluca Valeria RATIU, 2012. "Accounting Regulations for Goodwill at a National, European and International Level," Romanian Statistical Review Supplement, Romanian Statistical Review, vol. 60(4), pages 249-258, November.
- repec:eee:accfor:v:38:y:2014:i:1:p:1-17 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:advacc:v:35:y:2016:i:c:p:1-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andreea Paula Dumitru, 2014. "Perceptions Of Professional Accountants On The Costs And Benefits Of Implementing Ias/Ifrs In Romania," Global Economic Observer, "Nicolae Titulescu" University of Bucharest, Faculty of Economic Sciences;Institute for World Economy of the Romanian Academy, vol. 2(2), pages 66-75, November.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial reporting; Emerging markets; Greece;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eme:mfipps:v:36:y:2010:i:11:p:931-948. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Virginia Chapman). General contact details of provider: http://www.emeraldinsight.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.