Instability of stock beta in Dhaka Stock Exchange, Bangladesh
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brooks, Robert D. & Faff, Robert W. & Lee, John H. H., 1995.
"Beta stability and portfolio formation,"
Pacific-Basin Finance Journal,
Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 145-146, May.
- Blume, Marshall E, 1975. "Betas and Their Regression Tendencies," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 30(3), pages 785-795, June.
- Markus Ebner & Thorsten Neumann, 2005. "Time-Varying Betas of German Stock Returns," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 19(1), pages 29-46, June.
- Fabozzi, Frank J. & Francis, Jack Clark, 1978. "Beta as a Random Coefficient," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(01), pages 101-116, March.
- Turan G. Bali & Nusret Cakici & Yi Tang, 2009. "The Conditional Beta and the Cross-Section of Expected Returns," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 38(1), pages 103-137, March.
- Shyh-Wei Chen & Nai-Chuan Huang, 2007. "Estimates of the ICAPM with regime-switching betas: evidence from four pacific rim economies," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(4), pages 313-327.
- Robert Brooks & Robert Faff & Thomas Josev, 1997. "Beta stability and monthly seasonal effects: evidence from the Australian capital market," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(9), pages 563-566.
- Brooks, Robert D & Faff, Robert W, 1995.
"Financial Market Deregulation and Bank Risk: Testing for Beta Instability,"
Australian Economic Papers,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(65), pages 180-199, December.
- Brooks, R. & Faff, R., 1995. "Financial Market Deregulation and Bank Risk: Testing for Beta Instability," Papers 95-3, Melbourne - Centre in Finance.
- Brooks, Robert D. & Faff, Robert W. & Ariff, Mohamed, 1998. "An investigation into the extent of beta instability in the Singapore stock market," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 6(1-2), pages 87-101, May.
- Lee, Cheng F. & Chen, Carl R., 1982. "Beta stability and tendency : An application of a variable mean response regression model," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 201-206.
- Garbade, Kenneth & Rentzler, Joel, 1981. "Testing the Hypothesis of Beta Stationarity," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 22(3), pages 577-587, October.
- Alexander, Gordon J. & Benson, P. George & Eger, Carol E., 1982. "Timing Decisions and the Behavior of Mutual Fund Systematic Risk," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(04), pages 579-602, November.
- Francis, Jack Clark & Fabozzi, Frank J., 1980. "Stability of mutual fund systematic risk statistics," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 263-275, June.
- Keith Lam, 1999. "Some evidence on the distribution of beta in Hong Kong," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 251-262.
- Collins, Daniel W & Ledolter, Johannes & Rayburn, Judy Dawson, 1987. "Some Further Evidence on the Stochastic Properties of Systematic Risk," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 60(3), pages 425-448, July.
- Sascha Mergner & Jan Bulla, 2008.
"Time-varying beta risk of Pan-European industry portfolios: A comparison of alternative modeling techniques,"
The European Journal of Finance,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(8), pages 771-802.
- Sascha Mergner & Jan Bulla, 2005. "Time-varying Beta Risk of Pan-European Industry Portfolios: A Comparison of Alternative Modeling Techniques," Finance 0510029, EconWPA.
- Breusch, T S & Pagan, A R, 1979. "A Simple Test for Heteroscedasticity and Random Coefficient Variation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(5), pages 1287-1294, September.
- Dimson, Elroy, 1979. "Risk measurement when shares are subject to infrequent trading," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 197-226, June.
- repec:wsi:rpbfmp:v:09:y:2006:i:03:n:s0219091506000811 is not listed on IDEAS
- Faff, R. & Brooks, R., 1996. "Further Evidence on the Relationship between Beta Stability and the length of the Estimation Period," Papers 96-10, Melbourne - Centre in Finance.
- Alexander, Gordon J. & Benson, P. George, 1982. "More on Beta as a Random Coefficient," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(01), pages 27-36, March.
- Bos, T & Newbold, P, 1984. "An Empirical Investigation of the Possibility of Stochastic Systematic Risk in the Market Model," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 57(1), pages 35-41, January.
More about this item
KeywordsEmerging markets; Capital asset pricing model; Rate of return; Beta factor; Bangladesh;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eme:mfipps:v:36:y:2010:i:10:p:886-902. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Virginia Chapman). General contact details of provider: http://www.emeraldinsight.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.