Fraudulent financial reporting detection and business failure prediction models: a comparison
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- S. Balcaen & H. Ooghe, 2004. "35 years of studies on business failure: an overview of the classical statistical methodologiesand their related problems," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 04/248, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Luoma, M & Laitinen, EK, 1991. "Survival analysis as a tool for company failure prediction," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 673-678.
- Andreas Charitou & Evi Neophytou & Chris Charalambous, 2004. "Predicting corporate failure: empirical evidence for the UK," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(3), pages 465-497.
- Beaver, Wh, 1966. "Financial Ratios As Predictors Of Failure," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4, pages 71-111.
- Ch. Spathis & M. Doumpos & C. Zopounidis, 2002. "Detecting falsified financial statements: a comparative study using multicriteria analysis and multivariate statistical techniques," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(3), pages 509-535.
- Kinney, William Jr. & McDaniel, Linda S., 1989. "Characteristics of firms correcting previously reported quarterly earnings," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 71-93, February.
- Edward I. Altman, 1968. "Financial Ratios, Discriminant Analysis And The Prediction Of Corporate Bankruptcy," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 23(4), pages 589-609, September.
- Dimitras, A. I. & Zanakis, S. H. & Zopounidis, C., 1996. "A survey of business failures with an emphasis on prediction methods and industrial applications," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 90(3), pages 487-513, May.
- Martin, Daniel, 1977. "Early warning of bank failure : A logit regression approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 249-276, November.
- Meyer, Paul A & Pifer, Howard W, 1970. "Prediction of Bank Failures," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(4), pages 853-868, September.
- Dambolena, Ismael G & Khoury, Sarkis J, 1980. "Ratio Stability and Corporate Failure," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 35(4), pages 1017-1026, September.
- Santomero, Anthony M. & Vinso, Joseph D., 1977. "Estimating the probability of failure for commercial banks and the banking system," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 185-205, October.
- Falbo, P, 1991. "Credit-scoring by enlarged discriminant models," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 275-289.
- Zanakis, Stelios H. & Walter, Gary A., 1994. "Discriminant characteristics of US banks acquired with or without federal assistance," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 77(3), pages 440-465, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shirley Wong & Sitalakshmi Venkatraman, 2015. "Financial Accounting Fraud Detection Using Business Intelligence," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 5(11), pages 1187-1207, November.
- Mary Jane Lenard & Karin A. Petruska & Pervaiz Alam & Bing Yu, 2012. "Indicators of audit fees and fraud classification: impact of SOX," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 27(5), pages 500-525, May.
- Feng, Wenjun & Wang, Yiming & Zhang, Zhengjun, 2018. "Informed trading in the Bitcoin market," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 63-70.
- Harlan L. Etheridge & Kathy H. Y. Hsu, 2015. "Minimizing the Costs of Using Models to Assess the Financial Health of Banks," International Journal of Business and Social Research, MIR Center for Socio-Economic Research, vol. 5(11), pages 9-18, November.
- Steven Liew Woon Choy & Jayaraman Munusamy & Shankar Chelliah & Ally Mandari, 2011. "Effects of Financial Distress Condition on the Company Performance: A Malaysian Perspective," Review of Economics & Finance, Better Advances Press, Canada, vol. 1, pages 85-99, August.
- Abdul Ghafoor & Rozaimah Zainudin & Nurul Shahnaz Mahdzan, 2019. "Factors Eliciting Corporate Fraud in Emerging Markets: Case of Firms Subject to Enforcement Actions in Malaysia," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 160(2), pages 587-608, December.
- Amani, Farzaneh A. & Fadlalla, Adam M., 2017. "Data mining applications in accounting: A review of the literature and organizing framework," International Journal of Accounting Information Systems, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 32-58.
- Victor Munteanu & Lavinia Copcinschi & Carmen Luschi & Anda Laceanu, 2017. "Internal Audit – Determinant Factor In Preventing And Detecting Fraud Related Activity To Public Entities Financial Accounting," Knowledge Horizons - Economics, Faculty of Finance, Banking and Accountancy Bucharest,"Dimitrie Cantemir" Christian University Bucharest, vol. 9(1), pages 55-63, March.
- Harlan L. Etheridge & Kathy H. Y. Hsu, 2015. "Minimizing the Costs of Using Models to Assess the Financial Health of Banks," International Journal of Business and Social Research, LAR Center Press, vol. 5(11), pages 9-18, November.
- Gullkvist, Benita & Jokipii, Annukka, 2013. "Perceived importance of red flags across fraud types," CRITICAL PERSPECTIVES ON ACCOUNTING, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 44-61.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial reporting; Business failures; Taiwan; Fraud; Cluster analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eme:majpps:v:23:y:2008:i:7:p:650-662. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Virginia Chapman). General contact details of provider: http://www.emeraldinsight.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.