Accounting in three dimensions: a case for momentum revisited
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gordon Richardson & Surjit Tinaikar, 2004. "Accounting based valuation models: what have we learned?," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 44(2), pages 223-255, July.
- R Bird & R Gerlach & AD Hall, 2001.
"The prediction of earnings movements using accounting data: An update and extension of Ou and Penman,"
Journal of Asset Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 2(2), pages 180-195, September.
- Ron Bird & Richard Gerlach & Anthony D Hall, 2001. "The prediction of earnings movements using accounting data: An update and extension of Ou and Penman," Published Paper Series 2001-2, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Yuji Ijiri, 1988. "Momentum Accounting and Managerial Goals on Impulses," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 34(2), pages 160-166, February.
- Ijiri, Y., 1989. "Momentum Accounting And Triple-Entry Bookkeeping: Exploring The Dynamic Structure Of Accounting Measurements," GSIA Working Papers 88-89-35, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Amy P. Hutton & Gregory S. Miller & Douglas J. Skinner, 2003. "The Role of Supplementary Statements with Management Earnings Forecasts," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(5), pages 867-890, December.
- Ran Barniv & Mark Myring, 2006. "An International Analysis of Historical and Forecast Earnings in Accounting-Based Valuation Models," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(7-8), pages 1087-1109.
- Collins, Daniel W. & Maydew, Edward L. & Weiss, Ira S., 1997. "Changes in the value-relevance of earnings and book values over the past forty years," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 39-67, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Musaab Mousa & Saeed Nosratabadi & Judit Sagi & Amir Mosavi, 2021. "The Effect of Marketing Investment on Firm Value and Systematic Risk," Journal of Open Innovation: Technology, Market, and Complexity, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(1), pages 1-17, February.
- Tswei, Keshin, 2013. "Is transaction price more value relevant compared to accounting information? An investigation of a time-series approach," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 1062-1078.
- Beyer, Anne & Cohen, Daniel A. & Lys, Thomas Z. & Walther, Beverly R., 2010. "The financial reporting environment: Review of the recent literature," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(2-3), pages 296-343, December.
- Juana Aledo Martínez & Diego Abellán Martínez & Henghsiu Lin, 2014. "The Value Relevance of Accounting Numbers Under International Financial Reporting Standards," Australian Accounting Review, CPA Australia, vol. 24(3), pages 237-254, September.
- Musaab Mousa & Saeed Nosratabadi & Judit Sagi & Amir Mosavi, 2021. "The Effect of Marketing Investment on Firm Value and Systematic Risk," Papers 2104.14301, arXiv.org.
- Vashishtha, Rahul, 2014. "The role of bank monitoring in borrowers׳ discretionary disclosure: Evidence from covenant violations," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 176-195.
- Mark Bagnoli & Stanley Levine & Susan G. Watts, 2005. "Analyst estimation revision clusters and corporate events, Part I," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 245-265, August.
- Feng Chen & Kenton K. Yee & Yong Keun Yoo, 2010. "Robustness of Judicial Decisions to Valuation‐Method Innovation: An Exploratory Empirical Study," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(9‐10), pages 1094-1114, November.
- Magni, Carlo Alberto, 2009.
"Splitting up value: A critical review of residual income theories,"
European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 198(1), pages 1-22, October.
- Carlo Alberto, Magni, 2008. "Splitting Up Value: A Critical Review of Residual Income Theories," MPRA Paper 10506, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Anna Maria Biscotti & Eugenio D’Amico, 2019. "Does Equity Market Differently Perceive IC Management and Disclosure Behaviours?," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 10(2), pages 756-775, June.
- Karel Janda, 2019. "Earnings Stability and Peer Company Selection for Multiple Based Indirect Valuation," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 69(1), pages 37-75, February.
- Lam, Kevin C.K. & Sami, Heibatollah & Zhou, Haiyan, 2013. "Changes in the value relevance of accounting information over time: Evidence from the emerging market of China," Journal of Contemporary Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 123-135.
- Roychowdhury, Sugata & Watts, Ross L., 2007. "Asymmetric timeliness of earnings, market-to-book and conservatism in financial reporting," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1-2), pages 2-31, September.
- Waleed Khalid & Kashif Ur Rehman & Muhammad Kashif, 2019. "The Impact of Merger and Acquisition Firms on Stock Market Bubble," Global Regional Review, Humanity Only, vol. 4(1), pages 335-342, March.
- Kross, William J. & Ro, Byung T. & Suk, Inho, 2011. "Consistency in meeting or beating earnings expectations and management earnings forecasts," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1-2), pages 37-57, February.
- Stephen Brammer & Stephen Pavelin, 2006. "Voluntary Environmental Disclosures by Large UK Companies," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(7‐8), pages 1168-1188, September.
- Mark Aleksanyan & Khondkar Karim, 2013. "Searching for value relevance of book value and earnings: a case of premium versus discount firms," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 489-511, October.
- Kristian D. Allee & Theodore E. Christensen & Bryan S. Graden & Kenneth J. Merkley, 2021. "The Genesis of Voluntary Disclosure: An Analysis of Firms’ First Earnings Guidance," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 67(3), pages 1914-1938, March.
- Peek, E., 2011. "The Value of Accounting," ERIM Inaugural Address Series Research in Management EIA-2011-048-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam..
- Ying Xiao & Chris Yung, 2015. "Extrapolation Errors in IPOs," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 44(4), pages 713-751, October.
More about this item
KeywordsAccounting; Accounting theory; Performance measures; Risk analysis;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eme:jrfpps:v:9:y:2008:i:4:p:334-350. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.emerald.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Virginia Chapman (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.emerald.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.