Market liberalization and volatility of returns in emerging markets: The case of Qatar Exchange (QSC)
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nelson, Daniel B, 1991. "Conditional Heteroskedasticity in Asset Returns: A New Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 347-370, March.
- Kim, E Han & Singal, Vijay, 2000. "Erratum [Stock Market Openings: Experience of Emerging Economies]," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 73(4), October.
- Bekaert, Geert & Harvey, Campbell R., 1997. "Emerging equity market volatility," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 29-77, January.
- Farooq Malik & Bradley Ewing & James Payne, 2005. "Measuring volatility persistence in the presence of sudden changes in the variance of Canadian stock returns," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 38(3), pages 1037-1056, August.
- Cunado, Juncal & Gomez Biscarri, Javier & Perez de Gracia, Fernando, 2006. "Changes in the dynamic behavior of emerging market volatility: Revisiting the effects of financial liberalization," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 261-278, September.
- Engle, Robert F & Ng, Victor K, 1993.
" Measuring and Testing the Impact of News on Volatility,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1749-1778, December.
- Robert F. Engle & Victor K. Ng, 1991. "Measuring and Testing the Impact of News on Volatility," NBER Working Papers 3681, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- C. Alan Garner, 1988. "Has the stock market crash reduced consumer spending?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Apr, pages 3-16.
- Konstantinos Kassimatis, 2002. "Financial liberalization and stock market volatility in selected developing countries," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(6), pages 389-394.
- Susmel, Raul, 2000. "Switching Volatility in Private International Equity Markets," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 5(4), pages 265-283, October.
- Kim, E Han & Singal, Vijay, 2000. "Stock Market Openings: Experience of Emerging Economies," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 73(1), pages 25-66, January.
- Hamilton, James D. & Susmel, Raul, 1994.
"Autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity and changes in regime,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 64(1-2), pages 307-333.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS programs to estimate Hamilton-Susmel Markov Switching ARCH model," Statistical Software Components RTZ00083, Boston College Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsLiberalization; Volatility; Foreign participation; EGARCH; Qatar Exchange; Qatar; Emerging markets;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eme:imefpp:v:5:y:2012:i:2:p:106-115. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Virginia Chapman). General contact details of provider: http://www.emeraldinsight.com .