Global financial crisis: an Islamic finance perspective
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Farhad F. Ghannadian & Gautam Goswami, 2004. "Developing economy banking: the case of Islamic banks," International Journal of Social Economics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 31(8), pages 740-752, July.
- Masudul Alam Choudhury & Md. Mostaque Hussain, 2005. "A paradigm of Islamic money and banking," International Journal of Social Economics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 32(3), pages 203-217, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- KERZABI, Dounia & Ben Ahmed Daho, Rachida & BENDOB, Ali, 2017. "Les banques islamiques sont-elles plus performantes que les banques conventionnelles en Algérie ? [Are the Islamic banks better perform than conventional banks in Algeria?]," MPRA Paper 83159, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lucky Nugroho & Wiwik Utami & Citra Sukmadilaga & Tettet Fitrijanti, 2017. "The Urgency of Allignment Islamic Bank to Increasing the Outreach (Indonesia Evidence)," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 7(4), pages 283-291.
- Philippe DESBRIERES, 2017. "L’investissement conforme à la Charia est-il socialement responsable ?,Is Shariah compliant investment socially responsible?," Working Papers CREGO 1171001, Université de Bourgogne - CREGO EA7317 Centre de recherches en gestion des organisations.
- Farida Mohammed Shehu & Al-Hasan Al-Aidaros, 2015. "A Proposed Framework on the Relationship between Islamic Microfinance Related Factors and Women Entrepreneurs Business Performance in Nigeria," Journal of Education and Vocational Research, AMH International, vol. 6(4), pages 38-44.
- Ilieva, Jana & Ristovska, Natasha & Kozuharov, Saso, 2017. "Banking Without Interest," UTMS Journal of Economics, University of Tourism and Management, Skopje, Macedonia, vol. 8(2), pages 131-139.
- Lassoued, Mongi, 2018. "Comparative study on credit risk in Islamic banking institutions: The case of Malaysia," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 267-278.
- Zaman, Qamar Uz & Hassan, M. Kabir & Akhter, Waheed & Meraj, M.A., 2018. "From interest tax shield to dividend tax shield: A corporate financing policy for equitable and sustainable wealth creation," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 144-162.
- Shaikh, Salman, 2013. "Determinants of Islamic Banking Growth in Pakistan," MPRA Paper 53798, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Istvan Egresi & Rauf Belge, 2015. "Development Of Islamic Banking In Turkey," Annals - Economy Series, Constantin Brancusi University, Faculty of Economics, vol. 6, pages 5-20, December.
- Amina Hachimi & M. My Abdelouhab Salahddine, 2019. "The Acceptability of Participatory Banking Products by SMES: A Conceptual Framework," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 9(4), pages 259-266.
- Omneya Abdelsalam & Meryem Duygun & Juan Carlos Matallín-Sáez & Emili Tortosa-Ausina, 2017. "Is Ethical Money Sensitive to Past Returns? The Case of Portfolio Constraints and Persistence in Islamic Funds," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 51(3), pages 363-384, June.
- Charles, Amélie & Darné, Olivier & Pop, Adrian, 2015.
"Risk and ethical investment: Empirical evidence from Dow Jones Islamic indexes,"
Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 33-56.
- Amélie Charles & Olivier Darné & Adrian Pop, 2015. "Risk and ethical investment: Empirical evidence from Dow Jones Islamic indexes," Post-Print hal-01153899, HAL.
- Shaikh, Salman Ahmed, 2015. "Financial Inclusiveness in Islamic Banking: Comparison of Ideals and Practices Based on Maqasid-e-Shari’ah," MPRA Paper 68745, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Achraf Haddad & Anis El Ammari & Abdelfettah Bouri, 2019. "Are the Islamic Banks Really more Profitable than the Conventional Banks in a Financial Stable Period?," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 9(9), pages 994-1018, September.
- Hasan, Zubair Hasan, 2014. "The recent turmoil and monetary policy in a dual financial system with Islamic perspective," MPRA Paper 57133, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shaikh, Salman, 2013. "Economic Analysis of Islamic Banking in Pakistan," MPRA Paper 53797, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Badreldin F. Salim & Mohamed H. Mahmoud, 2016. "Islamic Finance: Is it a Time to be Considered as an Alternative during Financial Crisis Times? A Comparative Study in Gulf Cooperation Council," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 6(3), pages 1123-1131.
- Shaikh, Salman, 2012. "Islamic Banking in Pakistan: A Critical Analysis," MPRA Paper 42497, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chen, Naiwei & Liang, Hsin-Yu & Yu, Min-Teh, 2018. "Asset diversification and bank performance: Evidence from three Asian countries with a dual banking system," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 40-53.
- Omneya Abdelsalam & Marwa Elnahass & Sabur Mollah, 2018. "Asset Securitization and Risk: Does Bank Type Matter?," Working Papers 2018-15, Swansea University, School of Management.
- Yunieta Nainggolan & Janice How & Peter Verhoeven, 2016. "Ethical Screening and Financial Performance: The Case of Islamic Equity Funds," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 137(1), pages 83-99, August.
- Warninda, Titi Dewi & Ekaputra, Irwan Adi & Rokhim, Rofikoh, 2019. "Do Mudarabah and Musharakah financing impact Islamic Bank credit risk differently?," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 166-175.
- Norfaizah Othman & Mariani Abdul-Majid & Aisyah Abdul-Rahman, 2018. "Determinants of Banking Crises in ASEAN Countries," Journal of International Commerce, Economics and Policy (JICEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 9(03), pages 1-20, October.
- Farhana Tahmida Newaz & Kim-Shyan Fam & Revti Raman Sharma, 2016. "Muslim religiosity and purchase intention of different categories of Islamic financial products," Journal of Financial Services Marketing, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 21(2), pages 141-152, June.
- Metin AKTAS, 2013. "Stability of the Participation Banking Sector Against the Economic Crisis in Turkey," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 3(1), pages 180-190.
More about this item
KeywordsInternational finance; Islam; Economic depression; Ethics; Banking;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eme:imefpp:v:3:y:2010:i:4:p:306-320. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Virginia Chapman). General contact details of provider: http://www.emeraldinsight.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.