Development and democratization from the perspective of Islamic world view: The role of civil society versus state in the Arab world
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Zak, Paul J & Knack, Stephen, 2001. "Trust and Growth," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(470), pages 295-321, April.
- Adam Przeworski & Fernando Limongi, 1993. "Political Regimes and Economic Growth," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(3), pages 51-69, Summer.
- Michiel Beker & Paul Aarts, 1993. "Dilemmas of Development and Democratization in the Arab World," International Journal of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(1), pages 87-107, March.
- Noland, Marcus, 2005. "Religion and economic performance," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1215-1232, August.
- Michael L. Nieswiadomy & Mark C. Strazicich, 2004. "Are Political Freedoms Converging?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 42(2), pages 323-340, April.
- Masudul Alam Choudhury, 2008. "Islam versus liberalism: contrasting epistemological inquiries," International Journal of Social Economics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 35(4), pages 239-268, March.
- Evelyne Huber & Dietrich Rueschemeyer & John D. Stephens, 1993. "The Impact of Economic Development on Democracy," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(3), pages 71-86, Summer.
- Pranab Bardhan, 1993. "Symposium on Democracy and Development," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(3), pages 45-49, Summer.
- Halliday, Fred, 1995. "The Politics of ‘Islam’ – A Second Look," British Journal of Political Science, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(03), pages 399-417, July.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:88:y:1994:i:04:p:903-910_09 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsIslam; Democracy; State; Civil society; Development; Arab world; Islamic world view; Shura;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eme:humpps:v:28:y:2012:i:1:p:5-25. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Virginia Chapman). General contact details of provider: http://www.emeraldinsight.com .