Rethinking the economics of capital mobility and capital controls
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Thomas I. Palley, 2009. "Rethinking the Economics of Capital Mobility and Capital Controls," Working Papers wp193, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Thomas I. Palley, 2009. "Rethinking the Economics of Capital Mobilityand Capital Controls," IMK Working Paper 01-2009, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bernardo S. de M. Carvalho & Márcio G. P. Garcia, 2008.
"Ineffective Controls on Capital Inflows under Sophisticated Financial Markets: Brazil in the Nineties,"
NBER Chapters, in: Financial Markets Volatility and Performance in Emerging Markets, pages 29-96,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernardo S. de M. Carvalho & Márcio G.P. Garcia, 2006. "Ineffective Controls on Capital Inflows Under Sophisticated Financial Markets: Brazil in the Nineties," NBER Working Papers 12283, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernardo S. de M. Carvalho & Márcio G. P. Garcia, 2006. "Ineffective Controls On Capital Inflows Under Sophisticated Financial Markets: Brazil In The Nineties," Anais do XXXIV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 34th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 58, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Márcio Gomes Pinto Garcia & Bernando S. de M. Carvalho, 2006. "Ineffective controls on capital inflows under sophisticated financial markets: Brazil in the nineties," Textos para discussão 516, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Thomas I. Palley, 2003. "The Economics of Exchange Rates and the Dollarization Debate : The Case Against Extremes," International Journal of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(1), pages 61-82.
- Sebastian Edwards & Roberto Rigobon, 2005. "Capital Controls, Exchange Rate Volatility and External Vulnerability," NBER Working Papers 11434, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- M Ayhan Kose & Eswar Prasad & Kenneth Rogoff & Shang-Jin Wei, 2009.
"Financial Globalization: A Reappraisal,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 56(1), pages 8-62, April.
- Ayhan Kose & Eswar S Prasad & Kenneth Rogoff & Shang-Jin Wei, 2006. "Financial Globalization; A Reappraisal," IMF Working Papers 06/189, International Monetary Fund.
- M. Ayhan Kose & Eswar Prasad & Kenneth S. Rogoff & Shang-Jin Wei, 2006. "Financial Globalization: A Reappraisal," NBER Working Papers 12484, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kose, Ayhan & Prasad, Eswar & Rogoff, Kenneth & Wei, Shang-Jin, 2006. "Financial Globalization: A Reappraisal," CEPR Discussion Papers 5842, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- De Gregorio, Jose & Edwards, Sebastian & Valdes, Rodrigo O., 2000. "Controls on capital inflows: do they work?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 59-83, October.
- De Long, J Bradford & Andrei Shleifer & Lawrence H. Summers & Robert J. Waldmann, 1990.
"Noise Trader Risk in Financial Markets,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(4), pages 703-738, August.
- J. Bradford De Long & Andrei Shleifer & Lawrence H. Summers & Robert J. Waldmann, "undated". "Noise Trader Risk in Financial Markets," J. Bradford De Long's Working Papers _124, University of California at Berkeley, Economics Department.
- De Long, J. Bradford & Shleifer, Andrei & Summers, Lawrence H. & Waldmann, Robert J., 1990. "Noise Trader Risk in Financial Markets," Scholarly Articles 3725552, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Thomas Palley, 2008.
"The Economics of Outsourcing: How Should Policy Respond?,"
Review of Social Economy,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 66(3), pages 279-295.
- Thomas I. Palley, 2007. "The Economics of Outsourcing: How Should Policy Respond?," Economics Public Policy Brief Archive ppb_89, Levy Economics Institute.
- Colin I. BRADFORD, Jr., 2005. "Prioritizing Economic Growth: Enhancing Macroeconomic Policy Choice," G-24 Discussion Papers 37, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Palley, Thomas I., 2008. "Keynesian models of deflation and depression revisited," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 167-177, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sunanda SeN, 2014. "Financial integration and national autonomy: China and India," Review of Keynesian Economics, Edward Elgar Publishing, vol. 2(1), pages 20-44, January.
- Sunanda Sen, 2012. "Managing Global Financial Flows at the Cost of National Autonomy: China and India," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_714, Levy Economics Institute.
- Solikin M. Juhro & Miranda S. Goeltom, 2013. "The Monetary Policy Regime In Indonesia," Working Papers WP/17/2013, Bank Indonesia.
- Solikin M. Juhro, 2014. "THE ROLE OF THE CENTRAL BANK IN PROMOTING SUSTAINABLE GROWTH: Perspectives on the Implementation of Flexible ITF in Indonesia," Working Papers WP/17/2014, Bank Indonesia.
More about this item
- F00 - International Economics - - General - - - General
- F32 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Current Account Adjustment; Short-term Capital Movements
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ekm:wpaper:v:29:y:2009:i:3:a:1173. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Brazilian Journal of Political Economy). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cepspbr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.