Communication and Inventory as Substitutes in Organizing Production
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kroes, James R. & Manikas, Andrew S., 2014. "Cash flow management and manufacturing firm financial performance: A longitudinal perspective," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 148(C), pages 37-50.
- Norton, Seth W, 1997. "Information and Competitive Advantage: The Rise of General Motors," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 40(1), pages 245-260, April.
- Bijman, W.J.J. & Hendrikse, G.W.J. & Veerman, C.P., 2000. "A marketing co-operative as a system of attributes," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2000-10-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Holmes, Thomas J, 2001.
"Bar Codes Lead to Frequent Deliveries and Superstores,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 32(4), pages 708-725, Winter.
- Thomas J. Holmes, 1999. "Bar codes lead to frequent deliveries and superstores," Staff Report 261, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Andrea Pierce & Debapriya Sen, 2014.
"Outsourcing versus technology transfer: Hotelling meets Stackelberg,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 111(3), pages 263-287, April.
- Pierce, Andrea & Sen, Debapriya, 2009. "Outsourcing versus technology transfer: Hotelling meets Stackelberg," MPRA Paper 15673, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fangruo Chen, 2001.
"Market Segmentation, Advanced Demand Information, and Supply Chain Performance,"
Manufacturing & Service Operations Management,
INFORMS, vol. 3(1), pages 53-67, February.
- Chen, F., 1999. "Market Segmentation, Advanced Demand Information and Supply Chain Performance," Papers 99-2, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
- Blandine Laperche, 2012. "How to Coordinate the Networked Enterprise in a Context of Open Innovation? A New Function for Intellectual Property Rights," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 3(4), pages 354-371, December.
- Taihyeong Lee & Patricia Mokhtarian, 2008. "Correlations between industrial demands (direct and total) for communications and transportation in the U.S. economy 1947–1997," Transportation, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 1-22, January.
- Goel, Sanjay & Chen, Vicki, 2008. "Integrating the global enterprise using Six Sigma: Business process reengineering at General Electric Wind Energy," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 113(2), pages 914-927, June.
- repec:bin:bpeajo:v:26:y:1995:i:1995-3:p:175-246 is not listed on IDEAS
- Son, Joong Y. & Sheu, Chwen, 2008. "The impact of replenishment policy deviations in a decentralized supply chain," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 113(2), pages 785-804, June.
- Uçkun, Canan & Karaesmen, Fikri & Savas, Selçuk, 2008. "Investment in improved inventory accuracy in a decentralized supply chain," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 113(2), pages 546-566, June.
- Ganesh Iyer & Chakravarthi Narasimhan & Rakesh Niraj, 2007. "Information and Inventory in Distribution Channels," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(10), pages 1551-1561, October.
- Bourland, Karla E. & Powell, Stephen G. & Pyke, David F., 1996. "Exploiting timely demand information to reduce inventories," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 92(2), pages 239-253, July.
- Wheatley, W. Parker & Buhr, Brian L. & Dipietre, Dennis, 2001. "E-Commerce In Agriculture: Development, Strategy, And Market Implications," Staff Papers 13938, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Liberopoulos, George & Koukoumialos, Stelios, 2005. "Tradeoffs between base stock levels, numbers of kanbans, and planned supply lead times in production/inventory systems with advance demand information," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(2), pages 213-232, May.
- Fangruo Chen, 1998. "Echelon Reorder Points, Installation Reorder Points, and the Value of Centralized Demand Information," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(12-Part-2), pages 221-234, December.
- Oke, Adegoke, 2003. "You may not use inventory levels to fill orders if...: Evidence from a survey of UK manufacturing plants," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 85-94, January.
- Paul Milgrom, "undated". "The Envelope Theorems," Working Papers 99016, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- repec:spr:grdene:v:19:y:2010:i:3:d:10.1007_s10726-010-9193-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mohammed Hichame Benbitour & Evren Sahin, 2015. "Evaluation of the Impact of Uncertain Advance Demand Information on Production/Inventory Systems," Post-Print hal-01199290, HAL.
- Fangruo Chen, 1999. "Decentralized Supply Chains Subject to Information Delays," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(8), pages 1076-1090, August.
- Yuntong Wang, 2014. "Envelope Theorem without Differentiability," Working Papers 1404, University of Windsor, Department of Economics.
- Dolfsma, Wilfred, 2005.
"Towards a dynamic (Schumpeterian) welfare economics,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 69-82, February.
- Dolfsma, W.A., 2004. "Towards a Dynamic (Schumpeterian) Welfare Economics," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2004-026-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Fu, Qi & Zhu, Kaijie, 2010. "Endogenous information acquisition in supply chain management," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 201(2), pages 454-462, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:scandj:v:90:y:1988:i:3:p:275-89. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1111/(ISSN)1467-9442 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.