Concepts of Optimality and Their Uses
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Tjalling C. Koopmans, 1976. "Concepts of Optimality and Their Uses," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 421, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Koopmans, Tjalling C., 1975. "Concepts of Optimality and Their Uses," Nobel Prize in Economics documents 1975-2, Nobel Prize Committee.
References listed on IDEAS
- Peter A. Diamond & Tjalling C. Koopmans & Richard E. Williamson, 1962. "Stationary Utility and Time Preference," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 142, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- David Cass, 1964. "Optimum Economic Growth in an Aggregative Model of Capital Accumulation: A Turnpike Theorem," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 178, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Tjalling C. Koopmans, 1959. "Stationary Ordinal Utility and Impatience," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 81, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- A. P. Lerner, 1938. "Theory and Practice in Socialist Economics," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(1), pages 71-75.
- P. S. Dasgupta, 1969. "On the Concept of Optimum Population," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(3), pages 295-318.
- Richard Beals & Tjalling C. Koopmans, 1967. "Maximizing Stationary Utility in a Constant Technology," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 229, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Tjalling C. Koopmans, 1967. "Intertemporal Distribution and 'Optimal' Aggregate Economic Growth," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 228, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Polterovich, V., 2012. "Kantorovich's Theory of Optimal Resource Allocation Within the History of Economic Thought," Journal of the New Economic Association, New Economic Association, vol. 13(1), pages 176-180.
- John C. V. Pezzey & John M. Anderies, 2000.
"Some Further Economics of Easter Island: Adding Subsistence and Resource Conservation,"
Working Papers in Ecological Economics
0002, Australian National University, Centre for Resource and Environmental Studies, Ecological Economics Program.
- Pezzey, John C.V. & Anderies, John M., 2001. "Some Further Economics Of Easter Island: Adding Subsistence And Resource Conservation," 2001 Conference (45th), January 23-25, 2001, Adelaide 125835, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Horsley, Anthony & Wrobel, Andrew J., 2007. "Profit-maximizing operation and valuation of hydroelectric plant: A new solution to the Koopmans problem," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 938-970, March.
- Dmitry B. Rokhlin, 2011. "On the game interpretation of a shadow price process in utility maximization problems under transaction costs," Papers 1112.2406, arXiv.org, revised Dec 2011.
- Vouvaki, Dimitra & Xepapadeas, Anastasios, 2008. "Changes in social welfare and sustainability: Theoretical issues and empirical evidence," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 473-484, October.
- Matheus Assaf, 2017. "Coast to Coast: How MIT's students linked the Solow model and optimal growth theory," Working Papers, Department of Economics 2017_20, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP).
- Sidney G. Winter, 2002. "Toward an Evolutionary Theory of Production," LEM Papers Series 2002/27, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Martin Shubik, 2010. "Innovation and Equilibrium?," Chapters,in: The Elgar Companion to Hyman Minsky, chapter 8 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Dmitry Rokhlin, 2013. "On the game interpretation of a shadow price process in utility maximization problems under transaction costs," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 17(4), pages 819-838, October.
- Shubik, Martin & Sudderth, William D., 2015. "From General Equilibrium to Schumpeter," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 269-282.
- Pezzey, John C. V. & Anderies, John M., 2003.
"The effect of subsistence on collapse and institutional adaptation in population-resource societies,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 299-320, October.
- John C. V. Pezzey & John M. Anderies, 2002. "The Effect of Subsistence on Collapse and Institutional Adaptation in Population-resource Societies," Economics and Environment Network Working Papers 0201, Australian National University, Economics and Environment Network.
- Shubik, Martin, 1990.
"A game theoretic approach to the theory of money and financial institutions,"
Handbook of Monetary Economics,in: B. M. Friedman & F. H. Hahn (ed.), Handbook of Monetary Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 5, pages 171-219
- Martin Shubik, 1986. "A Game Theoretic Approach to the Theory of Money and Financial Institutions," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 805, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Chatterjee A K & Mukherjee, Saral, 2006. "Unified Concept of Bottleneck," IIMA Working Papers WP2006-05-01, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Anand, Sudhir & Sen, Amartya, 2000. "Human Development and Economic Sustainability," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(12), pages 2029-2049, December.
- Pakandam, Barzin, 2009. "Why Easter Island collapsed: an answer for an enduring question," Economic History Working Papers 27864, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Mukherjee, Saral & Chatterjee, A.K., 2006. "The average shadow price for MILPs with integral resource availability and its relationship to the marginal unit shadow price," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 169(1), pages 53-64, February.
More about this item
- D00 - Microeconomics - - General - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:scandj:v:78:y:1976:i:4:p:542-60. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1111/(ISSN)1467-9442 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.