Redistribution and Subsidies for Higher Education
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Iñigo Iturbe Ormaetxe & Carmen Beviá, 2000. "Redistribution And Subsidies For Higher Education," Working Papers. Serie AD 2000-15, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Carmen Bevia & I?go Iturbe-Ormaetxe, "undated". "Redistribution and Subsidies for Higher Education," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 475.01, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
References listed on IDEAS
- George Psacharopoulos, 1985. "Returns to Education: A Further International Update and Implications," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 20(4), pages 583-604.
- Blomquist, N. Soren, 1982. "Should educational expenses be deductible? : A comparison of tax bases in a model where education is a choice variable," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 65-83, June.
- Allen, Franklin, 1982. "Optimal linear income taxation with general equilibrium effects on wages," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 135-143, March.
- Creedy, John & Francois, Patrick, 1990. "Financing higher education and majority voting," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 181-200, November.
- Bergstrom, Ted & Blomquist, Soren, 1996.
"The political economy of subsidized day care,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 443-457, November.
- Theodore C. Bergstrom & Sören Blomquist, "undated". "The Political Economy of Subsidized Day Care," ELSE working papers 015, ESRC Centre on Economics Learning and Social Evolution.
- Bergstrom, T. & Blomquist, S., 1993. "The Political Economy of Subsidized Day Care," Papers 93-30, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- Bergstrom, T. & Blomqust, S., 1993. "The Political Econmomy of Subsidized Day Care," Papers 1993-15, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Ted Bergstrom & Soren Blomquist, 1994. "The Political Economy of Publicly Supplied Day Care," Papers _034, University of Michigan, Department of Economics.
- Ted Bergstrom & Soren Blomquist, 1994. "Political Economy of Subsidized Day Care," Public Economics 9401001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Barr, Nicholas, 1993. "Alternative Funding Resources for Higher Education," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 103(418), pages 718-728, May.
- Nerlove, Marc, 1972. "On Tuition and the Costs of Higher Education: Prolegomena to a Conceptual Framework," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(3), pages 178-218, Part II, .
- Garratt, Rod & Marshall, John M, 1994. "Public Finance of Private Goods: The Case of College Education," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(3), pages 566-582, June.
- Johnson, George E, 1984. "Subsidies for Higher Education," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 2(3), pages 303-318, July.
- Raquel Fernandez & Richard Rogerson, 1995. "On the Political Economy of Education Subsidies," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 62(2), pages 249-262.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alexander Kemnitz & Robert K. von Weizsäcker, 2003. "Bildungsreform in der Demokratie," Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 72(2), pages 188-204.
- Kemnitz, Alexander, 2005.
"Educational Federalism and the Quality Effects of Tuition Fees,"
617, Institut fuer Volkswirtschaftslehre und Statistik, Abteilung fuer Volkswirtschaftslehre.
- Alexander Kemnitz, 2010. "Educational Federalism and the Quality Effects of Tuition Fees," CESifo Working Paper Series 3193, CESifo Group Munich.
- Kemnitz, Alexander, 2007. "Educational Federalism and the Quality Effects of Tuition Fees," Dresden Discussion Paper Series in Economics 08/07, Technische Universität Dresden, Faculty of Business and Economics, Department of Economics.
- Arbel, Yuval & Bar-El, Ronen & Tobol, Yossi, 2017. "Equal Opportunity through Higher Education: Theory and Evidence on Privilege and Ability," IZA Discussion Papers 10564, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Viaene, Jean-Marie & Zilcha, Itzhak, 2013. "Public funding of higher education," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 78-89.
- Alexander Kemnitz, 2007.
"University Funding Reform, Competition, and Teaching Quality,"
Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE),
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 163(2), pages 356-378, June.
- Kemnitz, Alexander, 2007. "University Funding Reform, Competition and Teaching Quality," Dresden Discussion Paper Series in Economics 01/07, Technische Universität Dresden, Faculty of Business and Economics, Department of Economics.
- Rainald Borck & Silke Uebelmesser & Martin Wimbersky, 2015.
"The Political Economics of Higher-Education Finance for Mobile Individuals,"
FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis,
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 71(1), pages 82-105, March.
- Rainald Borck & Silke Übelmesser & Martin Wimbersky, 2012. "The Political Economics of Higher Education Finance for Mobile Individuals," CESifo Working Paper Series 3877, CESifo Group Munich.
- Übelmesser, Silke & Borck, Rainald & Wimbersky, Martin, 2013. "The Political Economics of Higher Education Finance for Mobile Individuals," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79717, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Su, Xuejuan, 2004. "The allocation of public funds in a hierarchical educational system," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 28(12), pages 2485-2510, December.
- Bernhard Eckwert & Itzhak Zilcha, 2014. "Higher Education: Subsidizing Tuition versus Subsidizing Student Loans," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 16(6), pages 835-853, December.
- Haupt, Alexander, 2012.
"The evolution of public spending on higher education in a democracy,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 557-573.
- Alexander Haupt, 2005. "The Evolution of Public Spending on Higher Education in a Democracy," CESifo Working Paper Series 1631, CESifo Group Munich.
- Romero J. Gabriel, 2012. "Determining Public Provision of Education Services in a Sequential Education Process," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 12(1), pages 1-42, December.
- von Greiff, Camilo, 2007. "Enrollment in higher education, ability and growth," Research Papers in Economics 2007:10, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
- Bernhard Eckwert & Itzhak Zilcha, 2018. "The Role of Colleges within the Higher Education Sector," CESifo Working Paper Series 7135, CESifo Group Munich.
- Anderberg, Dan, 2013. "Post-compulsory education: Participation and politics," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 134-150.
- Carlos Renato De Melo Castro & Maria Eduarda Tannuri-Pianto, 2018. "Educação Superior Pública No Brasil: Custos, Benefícios E Efeitos Distributivos," Anais do XLIV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 44th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 64, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
More about this item
- D71 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Social Choice; Clubs; Committees; Associations
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
- H52 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Education
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:scandj:v:104:y:2002:i:2:p:321-40. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1111/(ISSN)1467-9442 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.