Spatial Heterogeneity in Mortgage Terminations by Refinance, Sale and Default
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Yongheng Deng & Andrey D. Pavlov & Lihong Yang, 2004. "Spatial Heterogeneity in Mortgage Terminations by Refinance, Sale and Default," Working Paper 8602, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
References listed on IDEAS
- Capone, Charles A, Jr, 2001. "Introduction to the Special Issue on Mortgage Modeling," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 23(2), pages 131-137, September.
- Pavlov, Andrey D, 2001. "Competing Risks of Mortgage Termination: Who Refinances, Who Moves, and Who Defaults?," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 23(2), pages 185-211, September.
- Deng, Yongheng & Quigley, John M. & Van Order, Robert & Mac, Freddie, 1996.
"Mortgage default and low downpayment loans: The costs of public subsidy,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(3-4), pages 263-285, June.
- Yongheng Deng & John M. Quigley & Robert Van Order, 1995. "Mortgage Default and Low Downpayment Loans: The Costs of Public Subsidy," NBER Working Papers 5184, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrey D. Pavlov, 2000. "Space-Varying Regression Coefficients: A Semi-parametric Approach Applied to Real Estate Markets," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 28(2), pages 249-283.
- Stanton, Richard Henry, 1996. "Unobservable Heterogeneity and Rational Learning: Pool-Specific versus Generic Mortgage-Backed Security Prices," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 243-263, May.
- John M. Clapp & Gerson M. Goldberg & John P. Harding & Michael LaCour-Little, 2001. "Movers and Shuckers: Interdependent Prepayment Decisions," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 29(3), pages 411-450.
- Kau, James B. & Keenan, Donald C. & Muller III, Walter J. & Epperson, James F., 1995. "The Valuation at Origination of Fixed-Rate Mortgages with Default and Prepayment," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 5-36, July.
- Quigley, John M, 1987. "Interest Rate Variations, Mortgage Prepayments and Household Mobility," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(4), pages 636-643, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Xudong An & John Clapp & Yongheng Deng, 2010.
"Omitted Mobility Characteristics and Property Market Dynamics: Application to Mortgage Termination,"
The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics,
Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 245-271, October.
- Xudong An & John Clapp & Yongheng Deng, 2005. "Omitted Mobility Characteristics and Property Market Dynamics: Application to Mortgage Termination," Working Paper 8584, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
- Yuliya Demyanyk & Otto Van Hemert, 2011.
"Understanding the Subprime Mortgage Crisis,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 24(6), pages 1848-1880.
- de Wit, Erik R. & van der Klaauw, Bas, 2013.
"Asymmetric information and list-price reductions in the housing market,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 507-520.
- Erik R. de Wit & Bas van der Klaauw, 2010. "Asymmetric Information and List Price Reductions in the Housing Market," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 10-038/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- de Wit, Erik & van der Klaauw, Bas, 2010. "Asymmetric Information and List Price Reductions in the Housing Market," CEPR Discussion Papers 7799, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Demyanyk, Yuliya & Hasan, Iftekhar, 2010.
"Financial crises and bank failures: A review of prediction methods,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 315-324, October.
- Yuliya Demyanyk & Iftekhar Hasan, 2009. "Financial crises and bank failures: a review of prediction methods," Working Paper 0904, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Demyanyk, Yuliya & Hasan, Iftekhar, 2009. "Financial crises and bank failures : a review of prediction methods," Research Discussion Papers 35/2009, Bank of Finland.
- Yan Chang & Abdullah Yavas, 2009. "Do Borrowers Make Rational Choices on Points and Refinancing?," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 37(4), pages 635-658.
- Tracy M. Turner & Marc T. Smith, 2009. "Exits From Homeownership: The Effects Of Race, Ethnicity, And Income," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(1), pages 1-32.
- Jonathan Spader, 2010. "Beyond Disparate Impact: Risk-based Pricing and Disparity in Consumer Credit History Scores," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer;National Economic Association, vol. 37(2), pages 61-78, June.
- Roberto Quercia & Jonathan Spader, 2008. "Does homeownership counseling affect the prepayment and default behavior of affordable mortgage borrowers?," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(2), pages 304-325.
- Berndt, Antje & Hollifield, Burton & Sandås, Patrik, 2017. "What Broker Charges Reveal about Mortgage Credit Risk," Working Paper Series 336, Sveriges Riksbank (Central Bank of Sweden).
- Agatha M. Poroshina, 2014. "Credit Risk Modeling Of Residential Mortgage Lending In Russia," HSE Working papers WP BRP 30/FE/2014, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Zhenguo Lin & Eric Rosenblatt & Vincent Yao, 2009. "Spillover Effects of Foreclosures on Neighborhood Property Values," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 38(4), pages 387-407, May.
- Agarwal, Sumit & Chomsisengphet, Souphala & Hassler, Olivier, 2005. "The impact of the 2001 financial crisis and the economic policy responses on the Argentine mortgage market," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 242-270, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:reesec:v:33:y:2005:i:4:p:739-764. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/areueea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.