Tax-Induced Portfolio Reshuffling: The Case of the Mortgage Interest Deduction
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Martin Gervais & Manish Pandey, 2008.
"Who Cares About Mortgage Interest Deductibility?,"
Canadian Public Policy,
University of Toronto Press, vol. 34(1), pages 1-24, March.
- Martin Gervais & Manish Pandey, 2005. "Who Cares about Mortgage Interest Deductibility?," University of Western Ontario, Economic Policy Research Institute Working Papers 20059, University of Western Ontario, Economic Policy Research Institute.
- Patric H. Hendershott & Dr. Gwilyn Pryce & Dr. Michael White, 2002. "Household Leverage and the Deductibility of Home Mortgage Interest: Evidence from UK House Purchasers," NBER Working Papers 9207, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martin, Hal & Hanson, Andrew, 2016.
"Metropolitan area home prices and the mortgage interest deduction: Estimates and simulations from policy change,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 12-23.
- Martin, Hal & Hanson, Andrew, 2015. "Metropolitan Area Home Prices and the Mortgage Interest Deduction: Estimates and Simulations from Policy Change," Working Paper 1516, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Jonathan Gruber & Amalie Jensen & Henrik Kleven, 2017. "Do People Respond to the Mortage Interest Deduction? Quasi-Experimental Evidence from Denmark," NBER Working Papers 23600, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James M. Poterba & Todd M. Sinai, 2008. "Income Tax Provisions Affecting Owner-Occupied Housing: Revenue Costs and Incentive Effects," NBER Working Papers 14253, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Crowe, Christopher & Dell’Ariccia, Giovanni & Igan, Deniz & Rabanal, Pau, 2013.
"How to deal with real estate booms: Lessons from country experiences,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 300-319.
- Pau Rabanal & Christopher W. Crowe & Giovanni Dell'Ariccia & Deniz O Igan, 2011. "How to Deal with Real Estate Booms; Lessons from Country Experiences," IMF Working Papers 11/91, International Monetary Fund.
- Veronica John Muellbauer & Veronica David M Williams, 2012.
"Credit conditions and the real economy: the elephant in the room,"
BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Property markets and financial stability, volume 64, pages 95-101
Bank for International Settlements.
- Muellbauer, John & Williams, David M, 2011. "Credit Conditions and the Real Economy: The Elephant in the Room," CEPR Discussion Papers 8386, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- David Rappoport, 2016. "Do Mortgage Subsidies Help or Hurt Borrowers?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2016-081, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Hendershott, Patric H. & Pryce, Gwilym, 2006.
"The sensitivity of homeowner leverage to the deductibility of home mortgage interest,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 50-68, July.
- Patric H. Hendershott & Gwilym Pryce, 2005. "The Sensitivity of Homeowner Leverage to the Deductibility of Home Mortgage Interest," NBER Working Papers 11489, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Poterba, James M. & Sinai, Todd, 2011. "Revenue Costs and Incentive Effects of the Mortgage Interest Deduction for Owner-Occupied Housing," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 64(2), pages 531-564, June.
- Anthony A. DeFusco & Andrew Paciorek, 2017.
"The Interest Rate Elasticity of Mortgage Demand: Evidence from Bunching at the Conforming Loan Limit,"
American Economic Journal: Economic Policy,
American Economic Association, vol. 9(1), pages 210-240, February.
- DeFusco, Anthony & Paciorek, Andrew D., 2014. "The Interest Rate Elasticity of Mortgage Demand: Evidence From Bunching at the Conforming Loan Limit," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2014-11, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Andrew Bauer & Alan Macnaughton & Anindya Sen, 2015. "Income splitting and anti-avoidance legislation: evidence from the Canadian “kiddie tax”," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 22(6), pages 909-931, December.
- Heather Boushey & Christian E. Weller, 2006. "Inequality and Household Economic Hardship in the United States of America," Working Papers 18, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs.
- Evridiki Tsounta, 2011. "Home Sweet Home; Government's Role in Reaching the American Dream," IMF Working Papers 11/191, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:reesec:v:28:y:2000:i:4:p:683-718. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/areueea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.