Macroeconomic Crises and Poverty Monitoring: A Case Study for India
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Datt, Gaurav & Ravallion, Martin, 1996. "Macroeconomic crises and poverty monitoring : a case study for India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1685, The World Bank.
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin Ravallion & Gaurav Datt, 1995. "Is Targeting Through a Work Requirement Efficient? Some Evidence for Rural India," Monash Economics Working Papers archive-41, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Lipton, Michael & Ravallion, Martin, 1995. "Poverty and policy," Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 41, pages 2551-2657 Elsevier.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-766, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hazell, Peter B. R. & Haddad, Lawrence James, 2001. "Agricultural research and poverty reduction," 2020 vision briefs 70, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Sushanta K. Mallick, 2014.
"Disentangling the Poverty Effects of Sectoral Output, Prices, and Policies in India,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 60(4), pages 773-801, December.
- Sushanta K. Mallick, 2012. "Disentangling the poverty effects of sectoral output, prices and policies in India," Development Papers 1202, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) South and South-West Asia Office.
- Surajit Deb, 2002. "The Debate on Agriculture-Industry Terms of Trade in India," Working papers 109, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Jha,R., 2000.
"Reducing Poverty and Inequality in India: Has Liberalization Helped?,"
204, World Institute for Development Economics Research.
- Jha, Raghbendra, 2002. "Reducing Poverty and Inequality in India: Has Liberalization Helped?," Departmental Working Papers 2002-04, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Gerald Epstein & Ilene Grabel, 2007. "Financial Policy," Publications 3, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Datt, Gaurav, 1998. "Poverty in India and Indian states," FCND discussion papers 47, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Quibria, M.G., 2002. "Growth and Poverty: Lessons from the East Asian Miracle Revisited," MPRA Paper 2638, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gaurav Datt & Martin Ravallion, 1998. "Farm productivity and rural poverty in India," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(4), pages 62-85.
- Carlos Pestana Barros & Otavio Henrique dos Santos Figueiredo & Peter Fernades Wanke, 2016. "Peasants’ Poverty and Inequality in Angola," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 128(2), pages 751-761, September.
- Gutner, Tammi, 1999. "The political economy of Food subsidy reform in Egypt," FCND briefs 1, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Sumon Kumar Bhaumik & Manisha Chakrabarty, 2006.
"Earnings Inequality in India: Has the Rise of Caste and Religion Based Politics in India had an Impact?,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
819, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Bhaumik, Sumon K. & Chakrabarty, Manisha, 2006. "Earnings Inequality in India: Has the Rise of Caste and Religion Based Politics in India Had an Impact?," IZA Discussion Papers 2008, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Raghbendra Jha, 2002. "Rural Poverty in India: Structure, determinants and suggestions for policy reform," ASARC Working Papers 2002-07, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
- Raghbendra Jha, 2006. "Vulnerability of Consumption Growth in Rural India," ASARC Working Papers 2006-04, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
- T. Krishna Kumar & Sushanta Mallick & Jayarama Holla, 2009.
"Estimating Consumption Deprivation in India Using Survey Data: A State-Level Rural-Urban Analysis Before and During Reform Period,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(4), pages 441-470.
- T. Krishna Kumar & Sushanta Mallick & Jayarama Holla, 2007. "Estimating Consumption Deprivation in India using Survey Data: A State-Level Rural-Urban Analysis before and during Reform Period," Working Papers 7, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Business and Management, Centre for Globalisation Research.
- Sudip Ranjan Basu, 2004.
"Economic Growth, Well-Being and Governance under Economic Reforms: Evidence from Indian States,"
IHEID Working Papers
05-2004, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies.
- Sudip Ranjan Basu, 2005. "Economic Growth, Well-Being and Governance under Economic Reforms: Evidence from Indian States," Development and Comp Systems 0509007, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Richard Tiffin & P. J. Dawson, 2002. "The Demand for Calories: Some Further Estimates from Zimbabwe," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(2), pages 221-232.
- World Bank, 2007. "Ethiopia - Accelerating Equitable Growth : Country Economic Memorandum, Part 2. Thematic Chapters," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7866, The World Bank.
- Swarna Sadasivam Vepa & Vinodhini Umashankar & R.V. Bhavani & Rohit Parasar, 2014. "Agriculture and Child Under-Nutrition in India: A State Level Analysis," Working Papers 2014-086, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- Ravallion, Martin & Datt, Gaurav, 2002. "Why has economic growth been more pro-poor in some states of India than others?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 381-400, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:rdevec:v:1:y:1997:i:2:p:135-52. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1363-6669 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.