On the Non-Contractual Nature of Donor-Recipient Interaction in Development Assistance
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mosley, Paul, 1996. "The Failure of Aid and Adjustment Policies in Sub-Saharan Africa: Counter-Examples and Policy Proposals," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 5(3), pages 406-443, October.
- Martens,Bertin & Mummert,Uwe & Murrell,Peter & Seabright,Paul, 2008. "The Institutional Economics of Foreign Aid," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521055390, April.
- Azam, Jean-Paul & Laffont, Jean-Jacques, 2003. "Contracting for aid," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 25-58, February.
- Svensson, Jakob, 2003. "Why conditional aid does not work and what can be done about it?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 381-402, April.
- Torsvik, Gaute, 2005. "Foreign economic aid; should donors cooperate?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 503-515, August.
- Murshed, S. Mansoob, 2004. "Strategic interaction and donor policy determination," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 311-323.
- Svensson, Jakob, 2000.
"When is foreign aid policy credible? Aid dependence and conditionality,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 61-84, February.
- Svensson, J., 1995. "When Is Foreign Aid Policy Credible? Aid Dependence and Conditionality," Papers 600, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Svensson, Jakob, 1997. "When is foreign aid policy credible : aid dependence and conditionality," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1740, The World Bank.
- Svensson, Jakob, 1997. "When is Foreign Aid Policy Credible? - Aid Dependence and Conditionality," Seminar Papers 600, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Avinash Dixit, 2003. "Some Lessons from Transaction-Cost Politics for Less-Developed Countries," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(2), pages 107-133, July.
- S. Mansoob Murshed, 2003. "Strategic Interaction, Aid Effectiveness And The Formation Of Aid Policies In Donor Nations," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 28(1), pages 189-203, June.
- Murshed, S Mansoob & Sen, Somnath, 1995. "Aid Conditionality and Military Expenditure Reduction in Developing Countries: Models of Asymmetric Information," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(429), pages 498-509, March.
- Tony Addison & S. Mansoob Murshed, 2002.
"Credibility and Reputation in Peacemaking,"
Journal of Peace Research,
Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 39(4), pages 487-501, July.
- Addison, Tony & Murshed, S. Mansoob, 2001. "Credibility and Reputation in Peacemaking," WIDER Working Paper Series 045, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Tony Addison & S Mansoob Murshed, 2010. "Credibility and Reputationin Peacemaking," Working Papers id:3288, eSocialSciences.
- Gina Yannitell Reinhardt, 2006. "Shortcuts and Signals: An Analysis of the Micro-level Determinants of Aid Allocation, with Case Study Evidence from Brazil," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(2), pages 297-312, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Oliveira Cruz, Valeria & McPake, Barbara, 2010. "The "aid contract" and its compensation scheme: A case study of the performance of the Ugandan health sector," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 71(7), pages 1357-1365, October.
- George Mavrotas, 2011. "Security and Development: Delving Deeper into the Nexus," Chapters,in: Security and Development, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Lodewijk Smets & Stephen Knack & Nadia Molenaers, 2013.
"Political ideology, quality at entry and the success of economic reform programs,"
The Review of International Organizations,
Springer, vol. 8(4), pages 447-476, December.
- Smets, Lodewijk & Knack, Stephen & Molenaers, Nadia, 2012. "Political ideology, quality at entry and the success of economic reform programs," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6130, The World Bank.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:rdevec:v:13:y:2009:i:s1:p:416-428. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1363-6669 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.