Close Equals and Calculation of the Vertical, Horizontal and Reranking Effects of Taxation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Creedy, J. & Lambert, P.J. & van de Ven, J., 2001. "Close Equals and Calculation of the Vertical, Horizontal and Reranking Effects of Taxation," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 781, The University of Melbourne.
References listed on IDEAS
- Borjas, George J, 1984. "Electoral Cycles and the Earnings of Federal Bureaucrats," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 22(4), pages 447-459, October.
- Layard, Richard & Nickell, Stephen & Jackman, Richard, 2005.
"Unemployment: Macroeconomic Performance and the Labour Market,"
Oxford University Press, number 9780199279173.
- Layard, Richard & Nickell, Stephen & Jackman, Richard, 1991. "Unemployment: Macroeconomic Performance and the Labour Market," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198284345, June.
- Johansen, Kare & Strom, Bjarne, 1997. "Wages, Prices and Politics: Evidence from Norway," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 59(4), pages 511-522, November.
- Jacobson, Tor & Ohlsson, Henry, 1994.
"Long-Run Relations between Private and Public Sector Wages in Sweden,"
Springer, vol. 19(3), pages 343-360.
- Jocobson, T. & Ohlsson, H., 1991. "Cointegrating Sectoral Wages in Sweden - a Maximum Likelihood Approach," Papers 1991t, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Pederson, P. J. & Schmidt-Sorensen, J. B. & Smith, N. & Westergard-Nielsen, N., 1990. "Wage differentials between the public and private sectors," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 125-145, February.
- Holmlund, B. & Ohlsson, H., 1990. "Wage Linkages Between Private and Public Sectors," Papers 1990t, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Lawrence F. Katz & Alan B. Krueger, 1991.
"Changes in the Structure of Wages in the Public and Private Sectors,"
662, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Katz, L.F. & Krueger, A.B., 1991. "Chances In The Structure Of Wages In The Public And Private Sectors," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1547, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Lawrence F. Katz & Alan B. Krueger, 1991. "Changes in the Structure of Wages in the Public and Private Sectors," NBER Working Papers 3667, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Inman, Robert P & Fitts, Michael A, 1990. "Political Institutions and Fiscal Policy: Evidence from the U.S. Historical Record," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(0), pages 79-132.
- Falch, Torberg & Rattso, Jorn, 1997. "Political economic determinants of school spending in federal states: Theory and time-series evidence," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 299-314, May.
- Johansen, Soren, 1995. "Likelihood-Based Inference in Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Models," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198774501, June.
- Johansen, Kare, 1995. "Norwegian Wage Curves," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 57(2), pages 229-247, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ivica Urban & Peter J. Lambert, 2008.
"Redistribution, Horizontal Inequity, and Reranking: How to Measure Them Properly,"
Public Finance Review,
, vol. 36(5), pages 563-587, September.
- Ivica Urban & Peter J. Lambert, 2005. "Redistribution, horizontal inequity and reranking: how to measure them properly," University of Oregon Economics Department Working Papers 2005-12, University of Oregon Economics Department.
- Justin Ven & Nicolas Hérault & Francisco Azpitarte, 2017.
"Identifying tax implicit equivalence scales,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 15(3), pages 257-275, September.
- Justin van de Ven & Nicolas Herault & Francisco Azpitarte, 2014. "Identifying Tax Implicit Equivalence Scales," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2014n03, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Justin Van de Ven, 2015. "Identifying Tax Implicit Equivalence Scales," National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR) Discussion Papers 444, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Paul Allanson, 2007.
"Classical Horizontal Inequities in the Provision of Agricultural Income Support,"
Review of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 29(4), pages 656-671.
- Paul Allanson, 2007. "Classical Horizontal Inequities in the Provision of Agricultural Income Support," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 29(4), pages 656-671.
- Paul Allanson, 2005. "Classical Horizontal Inequities in the Provision of Agricultural Income Support," Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics 177, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Allanson, Paul, 2005. "Classical Horizontal Inequities in the Provision of Agricultural Income Support," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24769, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- repec:eee:socmed:v:189:y:2017:i:c:p:1-10 is not listed on IDEAS
- William Griffiths, 2008. "On Dagum’s Decomposition of the Gini Coefficient," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 1054, The University of Melbourne.
- Achille VERNIZZI & Simone PELLEGRINO, 2007. "On the Aronson-Johnson-Lambert decomposition of the redistributive effect," Departmental Working Papers 2007-13, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano, revised 26 Jun 2007.
- Bilger, Marcel, 2008. "Progressivity, horizontal inequality and reranking caused by health system financing: A decomposition analysis for Switzerland," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 1582-1593, December.
- Abu-Zaineh, Mohammad & Mataria, Awad & Luchini, Stéphane & Moatti, Jean-Paul, 2009. "Equity in health care finance in Palestine: The triple effects revealed," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 1071-1080, December.
- Mauro Mussini, 2014. "Decomposing inequality change from the perspective of reranking and income growth between income groups," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 47(2), pages 619-637, September.
- Kinam Kim & Peter J. Lambert, 2009. "Redistributive Effect of U.S. Taxes and Public Transfers, 1994-2004," Public Finance Review, , vol. 37(1), pages 3-26, January.
- Wagstaff, Adam, 2005. "Decomposing changes in income inequality into vertical and horizontal redistribution and reranking, withapplications to China and Vietnam," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3559, The World Bank.
- Greselin, Francesca & Zitikis, Ricardas, 2015. "Measuring economic inequality and risk: a unifying approach based on personal gambles, societal preferences and references," MPRA Paper 65892, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:gam:jecnmx:v:6:y:2018:i:1:p:4-:d:128699 is not listed on IDEAS
- Essama-Nssah, B., 2008. "Assessing the redistributive effect of fiscal policy," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4592, The World Bank.
- Tabi Atemnkeng Johannes & Tafah Akwi & Peter Etoh Anzah, 2006. "The Distributive Impact of Fiscal Policy in Cameroon: Tax and Benefit Incidence," Working Papers PMMA 2006-16, PEP-PMMA.
- Donal O'Neill & Philippe Van Kerm, 2008. "An Integrated Framework For Analysing Income Convergence," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 76(1), pages 1-20, January.
- Ivica Urban, 2009. "Kakwani decomposition of redistributive effect: Origins, critics and upgrades," Working Papers 148, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
More about this item
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- H22 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Incidence
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:obuest:v:63:y:2001:i:3:p:381-94. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sfeixuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.