A Convenient Method of Computing the Gini Index and Its Standard Error
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Heshmati, Almas, 2004. "A Review of Decomposition of Income Inequality," IZA Discussion Papers 1221, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Clark, Ephraim & Jokung, Octave & Kassimatis, Konstantinos, 2011. "Making inefficient market indices efficient," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 209(1), pages 83-93, February.
- Karoly, Lynn & Schröder, Carsten, 2015.
"Fast methods for jackknifing inequality indices,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 37(1), pages 125-138.
- Karoly, Lynn & Schröder, Carsten, 2013. "Fast methods for jackknifing inequality indices," Economics Working Papers 2013-04, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Lynn A. Karoly & Carsten Schröder, 2014. "Fast Methods for Jackknifing Inequality Indices," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 643, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Lynn A. Karoly & Carsten Schroder, 2013. "Fast Methods for Jackknifing Inequality Indices," Working Papers WR-1017, RAND Corporation.
- Silvia Avram & Horacio Levy & Holly Sutherland, 2014. "Income redistribution in the European Union," IZA Journal of European Labor Studies, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 3(1), pages 1-29, December.
- repec:kap:jecinq:v:15:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10888-017-9348-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ogwang, Tomson, 2007. "Additional properties of a linear pen's parade for individual data using the stochastic approach to the Gini index," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 96(3), pages 369-374, September.
- Fiona MaCphail, 2000. "Are estimates of earnings inequality sensitive to measurement choices? A case study of Canada in the 1980s," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(7), pages 845-860.
- Wang, Dongliang & Zhao, Yichuan & Gilmore, Dirk W., 2016. "Jackknife empirical likelihood confidence interval for the Gini index," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 289-295.
- Lingsheng Meng & Binzhen Wu & Zhaoguo Zhan, 2016. "Linear regression with an estimated regressor: applications to aggregate indicators of economic development," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 50(2), pages 299-316, March.
- Xiaofeng Lv & Gupeng Zhang & Xinkuo Xu & Qinghai Li, 0. "Bootstrap-calibrated empirical likelihood confidence intervals for the difference between two Gini indexes," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 0, pages 1-22.
- Heshmati, Almas, 2004. "Data Issues and Databases Used in Analysis of Growth, Poverty and Economic Inequality," IZA Discussion Papers 1263, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Judith A. Clarke & Ahmed A. Hoque, 2014. "On Variance Estimation for a Gini Coefficient Estimator Obtained from Complex Survey Data," Econometrics Working Papers 1401, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
- Davidson, Russell, 2009. "Reliable inference for the Gini index," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 150(1), pages 30-40, May.
- Channing Arndt & Sam Jones & Vincenzo Salvucci, 2015.
"When do relative prices matter for measuring income inequality? The case of food prices in Mozambique,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 13(3), pages 449-464, September.
- Arndt, Channing & Jones, Sam & Salvucci, Vincenzo, 2014. "When do relative prices matter for measuring income inequality? The case of food prices in Mozambique," WIDER Working Paper Series 129, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Arndt Channing & Jones Sam & Salvucci Vincenzo, 2015. "When do Relative Prices Matter for Measuring Income Inequality?: The Case of Food Prices in Mozambique," WIDER Working Paper Series 032, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- David E. A. Giles, 2004.
"Calculating a Standard Error for the Gini Coefficient: Some Further Results,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 66(3), pages 425-433, July.
- David E. A. Giles, 2002. "Calculating a Standard Error for the Gini Coefficient: Some Further Results," Econometrics Working Papers 0202, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
- T. Huw Edwards, 2007. "Measuring Global and Regional Trade Integration in Terms of Concentration of Access," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 143(2), pages 256-276, July.
- Shirmohammadli, Abdolmatin & Louen, Conny & Vallée, Dirk, 2016. "Exploring mobility equity in a society undergoing changes in travel behavior: A case study of Aachen, Germany," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 32-39.
- Ogwang Tomson, 2014. "A Convenient Method of Decomposing the Gini Index by Population Subgroups," Journal of Official Statistics, De Gruyter Open, vol. 30(1), pages 91-105, March.
- Lynn A. Karoly & Carsten SchrÃ¶der, 2013. "Fast Methods for Jackknifing Inequality Indices," LIS Working papers 601, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Fiona MacPhail, 1998. "Moving Beyond Statistical Validity in Economics," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 119-149, November.
- Joseph Gastwirth & Reza Modarres & Efstathia Bura, 2005. "The use of the Lorenz curve, Gini index and related measures of relative inequality and uniformity in securities law," Metron - International Journal of Statistics, Dipartimento di Statistica, Probabilità e Statistiche Applicate - University of Rome, vol. 0(3), pages 451-469.
- Xiaofeng Lv & Gupeng Zhang & Guangyu Ren, 2017. "Gini index estimation for lifetime data," Lifetime Data Analysis: An International Journal Devoted to Statistical Methods and Applications for Time-to-Event Data, Springer, vol. 23(2), pages 275-304, April.
- Gerald W. Scully, 2004. "Player salary share and the distribution of player earnings," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(2), pages 77-86.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:obuest:v:62:y:2000:i:1:p:123-29. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sfeixuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.