Economic Growth and Social Welfare: The Need for a Complete Study of Happiness
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jorge Saba Arbache & Andy Dickerson & Francis Green, 2004. "Trade Liberalisation and Wages in Developing Countries," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(493), pages 73-96, February.
- Dollar, David & Kraay, Aart, 2002. "Growth Is Good for the Poor," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 195-225, September.
- Galiani, Sebastian & Sanguinetti, Pablo, 2003.
"The impact of trade liberalization on wage inequality: evidence from Argentina,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 497-513, December.
- Sebastian Galiani & Pablo Sanguinetti, 2003. "The Impact of Trade Liberalization on Wage Inequality: Evidence from Argentina," Working Papers 65, Universidad de San Andres, Departamento de Economia, revised Oct 2003.
- Pabo Sanguinetti & Sebastian Galiani, 2003. "The impact of trade liberalizationon wage inequality:Evidence from Argentina," Department of Economics Working Papers 011, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella.
- Branko Milanovic & Lyn Squire, 2007.
"Does Tariff Liberalization Increase Wage Inequality? Some Empirical Evidence,"
NBER Chapters,in: Globalization and Poverty, pages 143-182
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Milanovic, Branko & Squire, Lyn, 2005. "Does tariff liberalization increase wage inequality ? - Some empirical evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3571, The World Bank.
- Branko Milanovic & Lyn Squire, 2005. "Does tariff liberalization increase wage inequality? Some empirical evidence," International Trade 0502012, EconWPA.
- Branko Milanovic & Lyn Squire, 2005. "Does Tariff Liberalization Increase Wage Inequality? Some Empirical Evidence," NBER Working Papers 11046, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Branko Milanovic & Lyn Squire, 2005. "Does tariff liberalization increase wage inequality? Some empirical evidence," Labor and Demography 0501012, EconWPA.
- Wolfgang F. Stolper & Paul A. Samuelson, 1941. "Protection and Real Wages," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(1), pages 58-73.
- Attanasio, Orazio & Goldberg, Pinelopi K. & Pavcnik, Nina, 2004.
"Trade reforms and wage inequality in Colombia,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 331-366, August.
- Orazio Attanasio & Pinelopi Goldberg & Nina Pavcnik, 2003. "Trade Reforms and Wage Inequiality in Colombia," NBER Working Papers 9830, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Attanasio, Orazio & Goldberg, Pinelopi & Pavcnik, Nina, 2003. "Trade Reforms and Wage Inequality in Colombia," CEPR Discussion Papers 4023, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sanjeev Gupta & Hamid Davoodi & Rosa Alonso-Terme, 2002. "Does corruption affect income inequality and poverty?," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 23-45, March.
- Gordon H. Hanson & Ann Harrison, 1999. "Trade Liberalization and Wage Inequality in Mexico," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 52(2), pages 271-288, January.
- Shafik, Nemat, 1994. "Economic Development and Environmental Quality: An Econometric Analysis," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(0), pages 757-773, Supplemen.
- Park, Walter G & Brat, David A, 1995. "A Global Kuznets Curve?," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(1), pages 105-131.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bruce Headey, 2008. "Life Goals Matter to Happiness: A Revision of Set-Point Theory," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 86(2), pages 213-231, April.
- Luigino Bruni & Pier Luigi Porta, 2016. "Happiness and quality of life reconciled," Chapters,in: Handbook of Research Methods and Applications in Happiness and Quality of Life, chapter 1, pages 1-19 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Luigino Bruni & Luca Stanca, 2006.
"Income Aspirations, Television and Happiness: Evidence from the World Values Survey,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(2), pages 209-225, May.
- Luigino Bruni & Luca Stanca, 2005. "Income Aspirations, Television and Happiness: Evidence from the World Value Surveys," Working Papers 89, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Jun 2005.
- Easterlin, Richard A., 2001. "Life cycle welfare: evidence and conjecture," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 31-61, January.
- Stefanie Schurer & Jongsay Yong, 2016. "Happiness, Income And Heterogeneity," The Singapore Economic Review (SER), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 61(03), pages 1-23, June.
- Easterlin, Richard A., 1995. "Will raising the incomes of all increase the happiness of all?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 35-47, June.
- Konow, James & Earley, Joseph, 2008.
"The Hedonistic Paradox: Is homo economicus happier,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 92(1-2), pages 1-33, February.
- Konow, James & Earley, Joseph, 2007. "The Hedonistic Paradox: Is Homo Economicus Happier?," MPRA Paper 2728, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bruce Headey, 2007. "The Set-Point Theory of Well-Being Needs Replacing: On the Brink of a Scientific Revolution?," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 55, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- de la Croix, David, 1998. "Growth and the relativity of satisfaction," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 105-125, September.
- Easterlin, Richard A., 2003. "Building a Better Theory of Well-Being," IZA Discussion Papers 742, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bruce Headey, 2008. "The Set-Point Theory of Well-Being: Negative Results and Consequent Revisions," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 85(3), pages 389-403, February.
- Bünger Björn & Prinz Aloys, 2010. "Staatliche Glücksförderung? Karl Popper, Richard Layard und das Rauchen / Should public policy pursue happiness? Karl Popper, Richard Layard and smoking," ORDO. Jahrbuch für die Ordnung von Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft, De Gruyter, vol. 61(1), pages 169-190, January.
- Simone Borghesi & Alessandro Vercelli, 2012.
"Happiness And Health: Two Paradoxes,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(2), pages 203-233, April.
- Simone Borghesi & Alessandro Vercelli, 2007. "Happiness and health: two paradoxes," Department of Economic Policy, Finance and Development (DEPFID) University of Siena 0108, Department of Economic Policy, Finance and Development (DEPFID), University of Siena.
- Alva González, Miguel Ángel, 2008. "Environmentally Unfriendly Consumption Behaviour: Theoretical and Empirical Evidence from Private Motorists in Mexico City," MPRA Paper 18019, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bruce Headey, 2006. "Life Goals Matter to Happiness: A Revision of Set-Point Theory," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 639, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:kyklos:v:31:y:1978:i:4:p:575-87. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0023-5962 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.