The Underpinnings of 'Bureaucratic' Control Systems: HRM in European Multinationals
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cynthia Hardy & Nelson Phillips, 1998. "Strategies of Engagement: Lessons from the Critical Examination of Collaboration and Conflict in an Interorganizational Domain," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 9(2), pages 217-230, April.
- Harvie Ramsay & Dora Scholarios & Bill Harley, 2000. "Employees and High-Performance Work Systems: Testing inside the Black Box," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 38(4), pages 501-531, December.
- Tom Keenoy, 1999. "HRM as Hologram: A Polemic," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(1), pages 1-23, January.
- John T. Addison & Clive R. Belfield, 2001. "Updating the Determinants of Firm Performance: Estimation using the 1998 UK Workplace Employee Relations Survey," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 39(3), pages 341-366, September.
- William K. Roche, 2001. "The Individualization of Irish Industrial Relations?," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 39(2), pages 183-206, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Müller, Jo-Ann, 2016. "Subsidiary Strategy and Importance of Standards: Re-interpreting the integration-responsiveness framework," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145896, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Achcaoucaou, Fariza & Miravitlles, Paloma & León-Darder, Fidel, 2014. "Knowledge sharing and subsidiary R&D mandate development: A matter of dual embeddedness," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 76-90.
- repec:spr:manint:v:54:y:2014:i:2:d:10.1007_s11575-013-0192-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- König, Andreas & Fehn, Angela & Puck, Jonas & Graf-Vlachy, Lorenz, 2017. "Primary or complex? Towards a theory of metaphorical strategy communication in MNCs," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 270-285.
- Drogendijk, Rian & Holm, Ulf, 2012. "Cultural distance or cultural positions? Analysing the effect of culture on the HQ–subsidiary relationship," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 383-396.
- Björkman, Anette & Piekkari, Rebecca, 2009. "Language and foreign subsidiary control: An empirical test," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 105-117, March.
- Moore, Fiona, 2012. "Identity, knowledge and strategy in the UK subsidiary of an Anglo-German automobile manufacturer," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 281-292.
- Tony Royle & Luis Ortiz, 2009. "Dominance Effects from Local Competitors: Setting Institutional Parameters for Employment Relations in Multinational Subsidiaries; a Case from the Spanish Supermarket Sector," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 47(4), pages 653-675, December.
- Boussebaa, Mehdi, 2015. "Control in the multinational enterprise: The polycentric case of global professional service firms," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 50(4), pages 696-703.
- Mike Geppert & Dirk Matten, 2003. "The Social Construction of Contextual Rationalities in MNCs: An Anglo-German Comparison of Subsidiary Choice," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(3), pages 617-641, May.
- Sharpe, Diana Rosemary, 2006. "Shop floor practices under changing forms of managerial control: A comparative ethnographic study of micro-politics, control and resistance within a Japanese multinational," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 318-339, September.
- Mendez, Ariel, 2003. "The coordination of globalized R&D activities through project teams organization: an exploratory empirical study," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 96-109, May.
- Poulis, Konstantinos & Poulis, Efthimios & Plakoyiannaki, Emmanuella, 2013. "The role of context in case study selection: An international business perspective," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 304-314.
- Smale, Adam & Björkman, Ingmar & Sumelius, Jennie, 2013. "Examining the differential use of global integration mechanisms across HRM practices: Evidence from China," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 232-240.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jomstd:v:37:y:2000:i:4:p:521-540. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-2380 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.