Changes in Trading Activity Following Stock Splits and Their Effect on Volatility and the Adverse-Information Component of the Bid-Ask Spread
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Schwert, G William, 1989.
" Why Does Stock Market Volatility Change over Time?,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 44(5), pages 1115-1153, December.
- G. William Schwert, 1988. "Why Does Stock Market Volatility Change Over Time?," NBER Working Papers 2798, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Karpoff, Jonathan M., 1987. "The Relation between Price Changes and Trading Volume: A Survey," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(01), pages 109-126, March.
- French, Kenneth R. & Schwert, G. William & Stambaugh, Robert F., 1987. "Expected stock returns and volatility," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 3-29, September.
- John A. MacDonald & Hany A. Shawky, 1995. "On Estimating Stock Market Volatility: An Exploratory Approach," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 18(4), pages 449-463, December.
- Allen B. Atkins & Edward A. Dyl, 1997. "Market Structure And Reported Trading Volume: Nasdaq Versus The Nyse," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 20(3), pages 291-304, September.
- Merton, Robert C., 1980.
"On estimating the expected return on the market : An exploratory investigation,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 323-361, December.
- Robert C. Merton, 1980. "On Estimating the Expected Return on the Market: An Exploratory Investigation," NBER Working Papers 0444, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- MacDonald, John A & Shawky, Hany A, 1995. "On Estimating Stock Market Volatility: An Exploratory Approach," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 18(4), pages 449-463, Winter.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Guo, Fang & Zhou, Kaiguo & Cai, Jinghan, 2008. "Stock splits, liquidity, and information asymmetry--An empirical study on Tokyo Stock Exchange," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 417-438, September.
- Tarun Chordia & Lakshmanan Shivakumar & Avanidhar Subrahmanyam, 2004.
"Liquidity Dynamics Across Small and Large Firms,"
Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA, vol. 33(1), pages 111-143, February.
- Chordia, Tarun & Shivakumar, L & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 2000. "Liquidity Dynamics Across Small and Large Firms," University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management qt2zs4b4j4, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
- Huang, Gow-Cheng & Liano, Kartono & Pan, Ming-Shiun, 2009. "The information content of stock splits," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 557-567, September.
- repec:eee:jimfin:v:74:y:2017:i:c:p:69-87 is not listed on IDEAS
- Iannotta, Giuliano & Kwan, Simon H., 2013. "The Impact of Reserves Practices on Bank Opacity," Working Paper Series 2013-35, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, revised 01 Jul 2014.
- Ravi Dhar & William Goetzmann & Ning Zhu & EFA Moscow, 2004. "The Impact of Clientele Changes: Evidence from Stock Splits," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm369, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Sep 2009.
- Flannery, Mark J. & Kwan, Simon H. & Nimalendran, M., 2004.
"Market evidence on the opaqueness of banking firms' assets,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 71(3), pages 419-460, March.
- Mark J. Flannery & Simon H. Kwan & Mahendrarajah Nimalendran, 1997. "Market evidence on the opaqueness of banking firms' assets," Proceedings 560, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Simon H. Kwan & Mark J. Flannery & M. Nimalendran, 1999. "Market evidence on the opaqueness of banking firms' assets," Working Papers in Applied Economic Theory 99-11, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- repec:eee:reveco:v:51:y:2017:i:c:p:574-598 is not listed on IDEAS
- Flannery, Mark J. & Kwan, Simon H. & Nimalendran, Mahendrarajah, 2013. "The 2007–2009 financial crisis and bank opaqueness," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 55-84.
- Kozubovska, Mariolia, 2017. "The effect of US bank holding companies’ exposure to asset-backed commercial paper conduits on the information opacity and systemic risk," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(PA), pages 530-545.
- Al-Yahyaee, Khamis Hamed, 2014. "Shareholder wealth effects of stock dividends in a unique environment," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 66-81.
- Kryzanowski, Lawrence & Zhang, Ying, 2013. "Financial restatements by Canadian firms cross-listed and not cross-listed in the U.S," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 74-96.
- Joel Hasbrouck & Duane J. Seppi, 1998. "Common Factors in Prices, Order Flows and Liquidity," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 99-011, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Jiang, Christine X. & Kim, Jang-Chul & Wood, Robert A., 2002. "The change in trading activity on volatility and adverse selection component: evidence from ADR splits," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 12(4-5), pages 323-345.
- David Michayluk & Paul Kofman, 2001. "Market Structure and Stock Splits," Research Paper Series 62, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Lipson, Marc L. & Mortal, Sandra, 2006. "The effect of stock splits on clientele: Is tick size relevant?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(5), pages 878-896, December.
- Gow-Cheng Huang & Kartono Liano & Ming-Shiun Pan, 2011. "REIT Stock Splits and Liquidity Changes," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 43(4), pages 527-547, November.
- Gow-Cheng Huang & Kartono Liano & Ming-Shiun Pan, 2015. "The effects of stock splits on stock liquidity," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 39(1), pages 119-135, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jfnres:v:21:y:1998:i:2:p:159-83. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sfaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.