The Nature of Discipline by Corporate Takeovers
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Caiazza, Stefano & Pozzolo, Alberto Franco, 2016. "The determinants of failed takeovers in the banking sector: Deal or country characteristics?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 72(S), pages 92-103.
- Demirtas, Gul & Simsir, Serif Aziz, 2016. "The effect of CEO departure on target firms’ post-takeover performance: Evidence from not-delisting target firms," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 16(C), pages 55-65.
- Klaus Schaeck & Martin Cihak & Andrea Maechler & Stephanie Stolz, 2011. "Who Disciplines Bank Managers?," Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 16(1), pages 197-243.
- Sudi Sudarsanam & Tim Broadhurst, 2012. "Corporate governance convergence in Germany through shareholder activism: Impact of the Deutsche Boerse bid for London Stock Exchange," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 16(2), pages 235-268, May.
- repec:bla:stratm:v:38:y:2017:i:6:p:1268-1286 is not listed on IDEAS
- Humphery-Jenner, M., 2011. "Internal and External Discipline Following Securities Class Actions," Discussion Paper 2011-044, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Sumon Kumar Bhaumik & Ekta Selarka, 2008. "Impact of M&A on firm performance in India: Implications for concentration of ownership and insider entrenchment," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp907, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Abid A. Burki & Shabbir Ahmad, 2007. "Corporate Governance Changes in PakistanÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Banking Sector : Is There a Performance Effect?," Governance Working Papers 22251, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Paul André, 2009. ""Discussion of" Firm Performance and Managerial Succession in Family Managed Firms," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(3-4), pages 485-495.
- Aktas, Nihat & de Bodt, Eric & Roll, Richard, 2005. "Hubris, Learning, and M&A Decisions," University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management qt7j94111c, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
- Humphery-Jenner, M., 2011. "Anti-takeover Provisions as a Source of Innovation and Value Creation," Discussion Paper 2011-045, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Hagendorff, Jens & Collins, Michael & Keasey, Kevin, 2008. "Investor protection and the value effects of bank merger announcements in Europe and the US," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 1333-1348, July.
- repec:oup:rcorpf:v:1:y:2012:i:1:p:1-27. is not listed on IDEAS
- Ramiz ur Rehman & Inayat Ullah Mangla, 2010. "Corporate Governance and Performance of Financial Institutions in Pakistan: A Comparison between Conventional and Islamic Banks in Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 49(4), pages 461-475.
- Humphery-Jenner, Mark L., 2012. "Internal and external discipline following securities class actions," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 151-179.
- Baixiao Liu, 2016. "The Disciplinary Role Of Failed Takeover Attempts," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 39(1), pages 63-85, March.
- , 2009. "The Impact of Director Reputation and Performance on the Turnover and Board Seats of Target Firm Directors," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(1-2), pages 185-209.
- Hadem, Michael, 2010. "Bedingungen und Konsequenzen des Wechsels von Finanzvorständen - Eine Analyse in großen börsennotierten Unternehmen," EconStor Theses, ZBW - German National Library of Economics, number 43681.
- Damiani, Mirella & Pompei, Fabrizio, 2008.
"Mergers, acquisitions and technological regimes: the European experience over the period 2002- 2005,"
8226, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mirella Daminai & Fabrizio Pompei, 2008. "Mergers, acquisitions and technological regimes: the European experience over the period 2002-2005," Quaderni del Dipartimento di Economia, Finanza e Statistica 46/2008, Università di Perugia, Dipartimento Economia.
- Devos, Erik & Dhillon, Upinder & Jagannathan, Murali & Krishnamurthy, Srinivasan, 2012. "Why are firms unlevered?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 664-682.
- Piet Eichholtz & Nils Kok, 2008. "How Does the Market for Corporate Control Function for Property Companies?," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 141-163, February.
- Bugeja, Martin, 2007. "Voluntary use of independent valuation advice by target firm boards in takeovers," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 368-387, September.
- Chen, Xia & Harford, Jarrad & Li, Kai, 2007. "Monitoring: Which institutions matter?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 279-305, November.
- Carline, Nicholas F. & Linn, Scott C. & Yadav, Pradeep K., 2014. "Corporate governance and the nature of takeover resistance," CFR Working Papers 14-01, University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Caiazza, Stefano & Pozzolo, Alberto Franco, 2014. "The determinants of abandoned M&As in the banking sector," Economics & Statistics Discussion Papers esdp14074, University of Molise, Dept. EGSeI.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jfinan:v:59:y:2004:i:4:p:1511-1552. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/afaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.