Accountability and Independent Central Banks: Europeans and Distrust of the European Central Bank
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kenneth Rogoff, 1985. "The Optimal Degree of Commitment to an Intermediate Monetary Target," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 100(4), pages 1169-1189.
- Dorothee Heisenberg, 2003. "Cutting the Bank Down to Size: Efficient and Legitimate Decision-making in the European Central Bank After Enlargement," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(3), pages 397-420, June.
- Marco Arnone & Bernard J Laurens & Jean-François Segalotto & Martin Sommer, 2009. "Central Bank Autonomy: Lessons from Global Trends," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 56(2), pages 263-296, June.
- Barro, Robert J. & Gordon, David B., 1983.
"Rules, discretion and reputation in a model of monetary policy,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 101-121.
- Robert J. Barro & David B. Gordon, 1983. "Rules, Discretion and Reputation in a Model of Monetary Policy," NBER Working Papers 1079, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eichenberg, Richard C. & Dalton, Russell J., 1993. "Europeans and the European Community: the dynamics of public support for European integration," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 47(04), pages 507-534, September.
- Manfred Neumann, 1991. "Precommitment by central bank independence," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 95-112, June.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:89:y:1995:i:02:p:356-376_09 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Arnold, Christine, Eliyahu V. Sapir and Galina Zapryanova, 2012. "Trust in the institutions of the European Union: A cross-country examination," European Integration online Papers (EIoP), European Community Studies Association Austria (ECSA-A), vol. 16, February.
- Roth, Felix & Nowak-Lehmann D., Felicitas & Otter, Thomas, 2011. "Has the financial crisis shattered citizens’ trust in national and European governmental institutions? Evidence from the EU member states, 1999-2010," CEPS Papers 4159, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Hayo, Bernd & Neuenkirch, Edith, 2014.
"The German public and its trust in the ECB: The role of knowledge and information search,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 286-303.
- Bernd Hayo & Edith Neuenkirch, 2013. "The German Public and its Trust in the ECB: The Role of Knowledge and Information Search," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201347, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Neuenkirch, Edith & Hayo, Bernd, 2014. "The German Public and its Trust in the ECB: The Role of Knowledge and Information Search," Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100312, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Bernd Hayo & Florian Neumeier, 2017.
"Explaining Central Bank Trust in an Inflation Targeting Country: The Case of the Reserve Bank of New Zealand,"
ifo Working Paper Series
236, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Bernd Hayo & Florian Neumeier, 2017. "Explaining Central Bank Trust in an Inflation Targeting Country: The Case of the Reserve Bank of New Zealand," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201728, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Roth, Felix & Gros, Daniel & Nowak-Lehmann D., Felicitas, 2012. "Has the financial crisis eroded citizens' trust in the European Central Bank? Panel data evidence for the Euro area, 1999-2011," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 124, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Zohal Hessami, 2011. "What Determines Trust in International Organizations?," Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz 2011-44, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- Ehrmann, Michael & Soudan, Michel & Stracca, Livio, 2012.
"Explaining EU Citizens' Trust in the ECB in Normal and Crisis Times,"
289, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Ehrmann, Michael & Stracca, Livio & Soudan, Michel, 2012. "Explaining EU citizens’ trust in the ECB in normal and crisis times," Working Paper Series 1501, European Central Bank.
- Wälti, Sébastien, 2012. "Trust no more? The impact of the crisis on citizens’ trust in central banks," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 593-605.
- Hayat, Muhammad Azmat & Farvaque, Etienne, 2012.
"Public attitudes towards central bank independence: Lessons from the foundation of the ECB,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 512-523.
- Muhammad Azmat Hayat & Etienne Farvaque, 2012. "Public Attitudes towards Central Bank Independence: Lessons From the Foundation of the ECB," Working Papers hal-00988169, HAL.
- repec:bla:worlde:v:40:y:2017:i:4:p:654-677 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:got:cegedp:124 is not listed on IDEAS
- Thomas Otter, 2013. "Crisis and Trust in National and European Union Institutions — Panel Evidence for the EU, 1999 to 2012," EUI-RSCAS Working Papers 31, European University Institute (EUI), Robert Schuman Centre of Advanced Studies (RSCAS).
- Braun, Benjamin, 2016. "Speaking to the people? Money, trust, and central bank legitimacy in the age of quantitative easing," MPIfG Discussion Paper 16/12, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies.
- Etienne Farvaque & Muhammad Azmat Hayat & Alexander Mihailov, 2017.
"Who Supports the ECB? Evidence from Eurobarometer Survey Data,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(4), pages 654-677, April.
- Etienne Farvaque & Muhammad- Azmat Hayat & Alexander Mihailov, 2012. "Who Supports the ECB? Evidence from Eurobarometer Survey Data," Working Papers hal-00995032, HAL.
- Hessami, Zohal, 2011. "What determines trust in international organizations? An empirical analysis for the IMF, the World Bank, and the WTO," MPRA Paper 34550, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jcmkts:v:48:y:2010:i::p:1261-1281. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0021-9886 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.