Informed Investors and the Internet
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cornett, Marcia Millon & Tehranian, Hassan & Yalcin, Atakan, 2007. "Regulation fair disclosure and the market's reaction to analyst investment recommendation changes," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 567-588, March.
- repec:bla:joares:v:23:y:1985:i:1:p:21-36 is not listed on IDEAS
- William Beaver & Bradford Cornell & Wayne R. Landsman & Stephen R. Stubben, 2008. "The Impact of Analysts' Forecast Errors and Forecast Revisions on Stock Prices," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(5-6), pages 709-740.
- John A. Doukas & Chansog (Francis) Kim & Christos Pantzalis, 2005. "The Two Faces of Analyst Coverage," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 34(2), Summer.
- Paul DiMaggio & Eszter Hargittai & W. Russell Neuman & John P. Robinson, 2001. "Social Implications of the Internet," Working Papers 159, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Arts and Cultural Policy Studies..
- Baker, H. Kent & Nofsinger, John R. & Weaver, Daniel G., 2002. "International Cross-Listing and Visibility," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 37(03), pages 495-521, September.
- repec:pri:cpanda:wp17%20-%20dimaggio,%20hargittai,%20neuman,%20robinson is not listed on IDEAS
- Brennan, Michael J & Hughes, Patricia J, 1991. " Stock Prices and the Supply of Information," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(5), pages 1665-1691, December.
- Harrison Hong & Jeffrey D. Kubik & Amit Solomon, 2000. "Security Analysts' Career Concerns and Herding of Earnings Forecasts," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 31(1), pages 121-144, Spring.
- Glosten, Lawrence R. & Milgrom, Paul R., 1985.
"Bid, ask and transaction prices in a specialist market with heterogeneously informed traders,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 71-100, March.
- Lawrence R. Glosten & Paul R. Milgrom, 1983. "Bid, Ask and Transaction Prices in a Specialist Market with Heterogeneously Informed Traders," Discussion Papers 570, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Yannis Bakos, 2001. "The Emerging Landscape for Retail E-Commerce," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(1), pages 69-80, Winter.
- Kyle, Albert S, 1985. "Continuous Auctions and Insider Trading," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1315-1335, November.
- Gustavo Grullon, 2004. "Advertising, Breadth of Ownership, and Liquidity," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 17(2), pages 439-461.
- Bogan, Vicki, 2008. "Stock Market Participation and the Internet," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 43(01), pages 191-211, March.
- John C. Easterwood & Stacey R. Nutt, 1999. "Inefficiency in Analysts' Earnings Forecasts: Systematic Misreaction or Systematic Optimism?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(5), pages 1777-1797, October.
- Mary E. Barth & Ron Kasznik & Maureen F. McNichols, 2001. "Analyst Coverage and Intangible Assets," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(1), pages 1-34, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ackert, Lucy F. & Jiang, Lei & Lee, Hoan Soo & Liu, Jie, 2016. "Influential investors in online stock forums," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 39-46.
- Chen, Linda H. & Dyl, Edward A. & Jiang, George J. & Juneja, Januj A., 2015. "Risk, illiquidity or marketability: What matters for the discounts on private equity placements?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 41-50.
- Zreik, Ousayna & Louhichi, Waël, 2017. "Risk sentiment and firms’ liquidity in the French market," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(PB), pages 809-823.
- Leung, Henry & Ton, Thai, 2015.
"The impact of internet stock message boards on cross-sectional returns of small-capitalization stocks,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 37-55.
- Leung, H. & Ton, T., 2015. "The impact of internet stock message boards on cross-sectional returns of small-capitalization stocks," Publications of Darmstadt Technical University, Institute for Business Studies (BWL) 85516, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute for Business Studies (BWL).
- Matthias Bank & Martin Larch & Georg Peter, 2011. "Google search volume and its influence on liquidity and returns of German stocks," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 25(3), pages 239-264, September.
- Moussa, Faten & Delhoumi, Ezzeddine & Ouda, Olfa Ben, 2017. "Stock return and volatility reactions to information demand and supply," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(PA), pages 54-67.
- repec:eee:pacfin:v:49:y:2018:i:c:p:1-14 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:glofin:v:33:y:2017:i:c:p:38-50 is not listed on IDEAS
- Takeda, Fumiko & Wakao, Takumi, 2014. "Google search intensity and its relationship with returns and trading volume of Japanese stocks," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 1-18.
- repec:kap:jfamec:v:38:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10834-017-9526-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ipg:wpaper:24 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vlastakis, Nikolaos & Markellos, Raphael N., 2012. "Information demand and stock market volatility," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1808-1821.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2013-024 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mohamed Arouri & Amal Aouadi & Philippe Foulquier & Frédéric Teulon, 2013. "Can Information Demand Help to Predict Stock Market Liquidity ? Google it !," Working Papers 2013-24, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:44:y:2018:i:c:p:532-546 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ecmode:v:70:y:2018:i:c:p:194-202 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wael Louhichi & Ousayna Zreik, 2015. "Corporate Risk Reporting: A study of The Impact of Risk Disclosure on Firms Reputation," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 35(4), pages 2395-2408.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jbfnac:v:37:y:2010-07:i:7-8:p:841-865. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0306-686X .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.