Industry Cost of Equity Capital: UK Evidence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Newey, Whitney & West, Kenneth, 2014.
"A simple, positive semi-definite, heteroscedasticity and autocorrelation consistent covariance matrix,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 33(1), pages 125-132.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1987. "A Simple, Positive Semi-definite, Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 703-708, May.
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1986. "A Simple, Positive Semi-Definite, Heteroskedasticity and AutocorrelationConsistent Covariance Matrix," NBER Technical Working Papers 0055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Ashton & Mark Tippett, 1998. "Systematic Risk and Empirical Research," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(9-10), pages 1325-1356.
- Liu, Weimin, 2006. "A liquidity-augmented capital asset pricing model," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 82(3), pages 631-671, December.
- Andrew Vivian, 2007. "The UK Equity Premium: 1901-2004," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(9-10), pages 1496-1527.
- A. Al-Horani & P. F. Pope & A. W. Stark, 2003. "Research and Development Activity and Expected Returns in the United Kingdom," Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 27-46.
- Hon, Mark T. & Tonks, Ian, 2003.
"Momentum in the UK stock market,"
Journal of Multinational Financial Management,
Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 43-70, February.
- Ian Tonks & Mark T Hon, 2002. "Mommentum in the UK Stock Market," FMG Discussion Papers dp405, Financial Markets Group.
- Hon, Mark T. & Tonks, Ian, 2002. "Mommentum in the UK stock market," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24909, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Kim, Dongcheol, 1995. " The Errors in the Variables Problem in the Cross-Section of Expected Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(5), pages 1605-1634, December.
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1996. " Multifactor Explanations of Asset Pricing Anomalies," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(1), pages 55-84, March.
- Narasimhan Jegadeesh & Sheridan Titman, 2001. "Profitability of Momentum Strategies: An Evaluation of Alternative Explanations," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(2), pages 699-720, April.
- Lesmond, David A. & Schill, Michael J. & Zhou, Chunsheng, 2004. "The illusory nature of momentum profits," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 349-380, February.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1993. "Common risk factors in the returns on stocks and bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 3-56, February.
- Alan Gregory & Richard D.F. Harris & Maria Michou, 2003. "Contrarian Investment and Macroeconomic Risk," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(1-2), pages 213-256.
- Alan Gregory & Richard D.F. Harris & Maria Michou, 2001. "An Analysis of Contrarian Investment Strategies in the UK," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(9&10), pages 1192-1228.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1997. "Industry costs of equity," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 153-193, February.
- Jegadeesh, Narasimhan & Titman, Sheridan, 1993. " Returns to Buying Winners and Selling Losers: Implications for Stock Market Efficiency," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(1), pages 65-91, March.
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1995. " Size and Book-to-Market Factors in Earnings and Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(1), pages 131-155, March.
- Kothari, S P & Shanken, Jay & Sloan, Richard G, 1995. " Another Look at the Cross-Section of Expected Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(1), pages 185-224, March.
- Alan Gregory & Julie Whittaker, 2007. "Performance and Performance Persistence of 'Ethical' Unit Trusts in the UK," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(7-8), pages 1327-1344.
- Ferson, Wayne E & Schadt, Rudi W, 1996. " Measuring Fund Strategy and Performance in Changing Economic Conditions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(2), pages 425-461, June.
- Roll, Richard & Ross, Stephen A, 1994. " On the Cross-sectional Relation between Expected Returns and Betas," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(1), pages 101-121, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sabine Artmann & Philipp Finter & Alexander Kempf & Stefan Koch & Erik Theissen, 2012.
"The Cross-Section of German Stock Returns: New Data and New Evidence,"
Schmalenbach Business Review (sbr),
LMU Munich School of Management, vol. 64(1), pages 20-43, January.
- Artmann, Sabine & Finter, Philipp & Kempf, Alexander & Koch, Stefan & Theissen, Erik, 2010. "The cross-Section of German stock returns: New data and new evidence," CFR Working Papers 10-12, University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Aubert, François & Grudnitski, Gary, 2014. "The role of reconciliation quality in limiting mispricing of non-GAAP earnings announcements by EURO STOXX firms," Advances in accounting, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 154-167.
- Vecchi, Veronica & Hellowell, Mark & Gatti, Stefano, 2013. "Does the private sector receive an excessive return from investments in health care infrastructure projects? Evidence from the UK," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 110(2), pages 243-270.
- Gregory, Alan & O'Donohoe, Sheila, 2014. "Do cross border and domestic acquisitions differ? Evidence from the acquisition of UK targets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 61-69.
- Mouselli, Sulaiman & Jaafar, Aziz & Goddard, John, 2013. "Accruals quality, stock returns and asset pricing: Evidence from the UK," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 203-213.
- Clark, Ephraim & Kassimatis, Konstantinos, 2012. "An empirical analysis of marginal conditional stochastic dominance," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 1144-1151.
- Ben Ammar, Semir & Eling, Martin, 2013. "Common Risk Factors of Infrastructure Firms," Working Papers on Finance 1307, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
- Robert J. Bianchi & Michael E. Drew & Timothy Whittaker, 2016. "The Predictive Performance of Asset Pricing Models: Evidence from the Australian Securities Exchange," Review of Pacific Basin Financial Markets and Policies (RPBFMP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 19(04), pages 1-18, December.
- Omar Gharaibeh & Graham Bornholt & Michael Dempsey, 2014. "Evidence on Industry Cost of Equity Estimators," The International Journal of Business and Finance Research, The Institute for Business and Finance Research, vol. 8(4), pages 1-15.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jbfnac:v:36:y:2009-06:i:5-6:p:679-704. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0306-686X .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.