The Profitability of Momentum Investing
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- McInish, Thomas H. & Ding, David K. & Pyun, Chong Soo & Wongchoti, Udomsak, 2008. "Short-horizon contrarian and momentum strategies in Asian markets: An integrated analysis," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 312-329.
- Emilios C. Galariotis & Phil Holmes & Vasileios Kallinterakis & Xiaodong S. Ma, 2014. "Market states, expectations, sentiment and momentum: How naive are investors?," Post-Print hal-00943345, HAL.
- Ising, Jan & Schiereck, Dirk & Simpson, Marc W. & Thomas, Thomas W., 2006. "Stock returns following large 1-month declines and jumps: Evidence of overoptimism in the German market," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 46(4), pages 598-619, September.
- Ye, Qing & Turner, John D., 2014.
"The cross-section of stock returns in an early stock market,"
International Review of Financial Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 114-123.
- Ye, Qing & Turner, John D., 2014. "The cross-section of stock returns in an early stock market," QUCEH Working Paper Series 14-05, Queen's University Belfast, Queen's University Centre for Economic History.
- Morelli, David, 2014. "Momentum profits and conditional time-varying systematic risk," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 242-255.
- Markus Glaser & Martin Weber, 2003.
"Momentum and Turnover: Evidence from the German Stock Market,"
Schmalenbach Business Review (sbr),
LMU Munich School of Management, vol. 55(2), pages 108-135, April.
- Glaser, Markus & Weber, Martin, 2002. "Momentum and Turnover: Evidence from the German Stock Market," CEPR Discussion Papers 3353, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Glaser, Markus & Weber, Martin, 2002. "Momentum and Turnover: Evidence from the German Stock Market," Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications 02-43, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim;Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Li, Xiafei & Miffre, Joëlle & Brooks, Chris & O'Sullivan, Niall, 2008.
"Momentum profits and time-varying unsystematic risk,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 541-558, April.
- Xiafei Li & Chris Brooks & Joelle Miffre, 2006. "Momentum Profits and Time-Varying Unsystematic Risk," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2006-09, Henley Business School, Reading University, revised Sep 2006.
- John Cotter & Niall McGeever, 2018. "Are equity market anomalies disappearing? Evidence from the U.K," Working Papers 201804, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Li, Bob & Stork, Thomas & Chai, Daniel & Ee, Mong Shan & Ang, Hong Nee, 2014. "Momentum effect in Australian equities: Revisit, armed with short-selling ban and risk factors," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 19-31.
- Jonathan Fletcher & David Forbes, 2002. "U.K. Unit Trust Performance: Does it Matter Which Benchmark or Measure is Used?," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 21(3), pages 195-218, June.
- Nawar Hashem & Larry Su, 2015.
"Industry Concentration and the Cross-Section of Stock Returns: Evidence from the UK,"
Journal of Business Economics and Management,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(4), pages 769-785, August.
- Nawar, Hashem, 2010. "Industry Concentration and the Cross-section of Stock Returns: Evidence from the UK," MPRA Paper 28440, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Nov 2010.
- Fletcher, Jonathan & Hillier, Joe, 2002. "On the usefulness of linear factor models in predicting expected returns in mean-variance analysis," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 449-466.
- Hon, Mark T. & Tonks, Ian, 2003.
"Momentum in the UK stock market,"
Journal of Multinational Financial Management,
Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 43-70, February.
- Hon, Mark T. & Tonks, Ian, 2002. "Mommentum in the UK stock market," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24909, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Ian Tonks & Mark T Hon, 2002. "Mommentum in the UK Stock Market," FMG Discussion Papers dp405, Financial Markets Group.
- Chelley-Steeley, Patricia & Siganos, Antonios, 2008.
"Momentum profits in alternative stock market structures,"
Journal of Multinational Financial Management,
Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 131-144, April.
- Patricia Chelley-Steeley & Antonios Siganos, 2005. "Momentum Profits in Alternative Stock Market Structures," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2005 63, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Bettman, Jenni L. & Maher, Thomas R.B. & Sault, Stephen J., 2009. "Momentum profits in the Australian equity market: A matched firm approach," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 565-579, November.
- Lasfer, M. Ameziane & Melnik, Arie & Thomas, Dylan C., 2003. "Short-term reaction of stock markets in stressful circumstances," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(10), pages 1959-1977, October.
- Badreddine, Sina & Galariotis, Emilios C. & Holmes, Phil, 2012. "The relevance of information and trading costs in explaining momentum profits: Evidence from optioned and non-optioned stocks," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 589-608.
- Marcus Davidsson, 2012. "Constrained Momentum Investment," International Journal of Financial Research, International Journal of Financial Research, Sciedu Press, vol. 3(2), pages 69-77, April.
- Roscoe, Philip & Howorth, Carole, 2009. "Identification through technical analysis: A study of charting and UK non-professional investors," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 206-221, February.
- Artmann, Sabine & Finter, Philipp & Kempf, Alexander, 2010. "Determinants of expected stock returns: Large sample evidence from the German market," CFR Working Papers 10-01, University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Patricia Fraser & Martin Hoesli & Lynn McAlevey, 2008. "House Prices and Bubbles in New Zealand," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 37(1), pages 71-91, July.
- Xiafei Li & Chris Brooks & Joelle Miffre, 2009. "Transaction Costs, Trading Volume and Momentum Strategies," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2009-04, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Chou, Pin-Huang & Wei, K.C. John & Chung, Huimin, 2007. "Sources of contrarian profits in the Japanese stock market," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 261-286, June.
- Keith Lam & Frank Li & Simon So, 2010. "On the validity of the augmented Fama and French’s (1993) model: evidence from the Hong Kong stock market," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 89-111, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jbfnac:v:26:y:1999-11:i:9-10:p:1043-1091. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0306-686X .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.