Research Productivity in Business Economics: An Investigation of Austrian, German and Swiss Universities
We draw on a new and comprehensive dataset that collects the research output of business economists employed by Austrian, German and Swiss universities. We compute research rankings of departments and identify the leading departments in selected subdisciplines. Moreover, we investigate how institutional design and individual characteristics affect research productivity and draw some conclusions for the training of junior scientists. Copyright 2008 The Authors. Journal Compilation Verein für Socialpolitik and Blackwell Publishing Ltd. 2008.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 9 (2008)
Issue (Month): (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1465-6485|
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/subs.asp?ref=1465-6485|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jacob, Brian A. & Lefgren, Lars, 2011.
"The impact of research grant funding on scientific productivity,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 95(9-10), pages 1168-1177, October.
- Brian Jacob & Lars Lefgren, 2007. "The Impact of Research Grant Funding on Scientific Productivity," NBER Working Papers 13519, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James B. Davies & Matthias Sutter & Martin G. Kocher, 2005.
"Economics research in Canada: A long-run assessment of journal publications,"
Papers on Strategic Interaction
2005-16, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Strategic Interaction Group.
- James B. Davies & Martin G. Kocher & Matthias Sutter, 2008. "Economics research in Canada: a long-run assessment of journal publications," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 41(1), pages 22-45, February.
- Davies, James B. & Kocher, Martin G. & Sutter, Matthias, 2008. "Economics Research in Canada: A Long-Run Assessment of Journal Publications," Munich Reprints in Economics 18167, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- James B. Davies & Martin G. Kocher & Matthias Sutter, 2007. "Economics Research in Canada: A Long-Run Assessment of Journal Publications," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 20072, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- James B. Davies & Martin Kocher & Matthias Sutter, 2007. "Economics research in Canada: A long-run assessment of journal publications," Working Papers 2007-13, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Michael Rauber & Heinrich W. Ursprung, 2008.
"Evaluation of Researchers: A Life Cycle Analysis of German Academic Economists,"
Conferences on New Political Economy,
in: Max Albert & Stefan Voigt & Dieter Schmidtchen (ed.), Conferences on New Political Economy, edition 1, volume 25, pages 101-122(2
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen.
- Michael Rauber & Heinrich Ursprung, 2006. "Evaluation of Researchers: A Life Cycle Analysis of German Academic Economists," CESifo Working Paper Series 1673, CESifo Group Munich.
- Michael Rauber & Heinrich Ursprung, 2006. "Evaluation of researchers : a life cycle analysis of German academic economists," Working Papers of the Research Group Heterogenous Labor 06-08, Research Group Heterogeneous Labor, University of Konstanz/ZEW Mannheim.
- Michael Rauber & Heinrich W. Ursprung, 2008.
"Life Cycle and Cohort Productivity in Economic Research: The Case of Germany,"
German Economic Review,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 9, pages 431-456, November.
- Michael Rauber & Heinrich Ursprung, 2007. "Life Cycle and Cohort Productivity in Economic Research: The Case of Germany," CESifo Working Paper Series 2093, CESifo Group Munich.
- Klaus Ritzberger, 2008. "A Ranking of Journals in Economics and Related Fields," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 9, pages 402-430, November.
- Kellie L. Maske & Garey C. Durden & Patricia E. Gaynor, 2003.
"Determinants of Scholarly Productivity among Male and Female Economists,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 41(4), pages 555-564, October.
- Garey C. Durden & Patricia Gaynor & Kellie Maske, 2002. "Determinants of Scholarly Productivity Among Male and Female Economists," Working Papers 02-12, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- Kocher, Martin G & Sutter, Matthias, 2001.
"The Institutional Concentration of Authors in Top Journals of Economics during the Last Two Decades,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(472), pages F405-21, June.
- Kocher, Martin G. & Sutter, Matthias, 2001. "The Institutional Concentration of Authors in Top Journals of Economics during the Last Two Decades," Munich Reprints in Economics 18183, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- František Turnovec, 2006. "Publication Portfolio of the Czech Economists and Problems of Rankings," Working Papers IES 2006/30, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Dec 2006.
- Cainelli Giulio & de Felice Annunziata & Lamonarca Maria & Zoboli Roberto, 2006. "The Publications of Italian Economists in ECONLIT. Quantitative Assessment and Implications for Research Evaluation," Economia politica, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 385-424.
- Denis FOUGÈRE & Dominique GOUX & Éric MAURIN, 2001. "Formation continue et carrières salariales. Une évaluation sur données individuelles," Annals of Economics and Statistics, GENES, issue 62, pages 49-69.
- Günther G. Schulze & Susanne Warning & Christian Wiermann, 2008.
"Zeitschriftenrankings für die Wirtschaftswissenschaften - Konstruktion eines umfassenden Metaindexes,"
Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 9(3), pages 286-305, 08.
- Susanne Warning & Christian Wiermann & Günther G. Schulze, 2008. "Zeitschriftenrankings für die Wirtschaftswissenschaften Konstruktion eines umfassenden Metaindexes," Discussion Paper Series 3, Department of International Economic Policy, University of Freiburg, revised Mar 2008.
- Reiner Eichenberger & Ursina Meier & Rolf Arpagaus, 2000. "Ökonomen, Publikationen und Zitationen: Ein europäischer Vergleich," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 1(2), pages 143-160, 05.
- Hodgson, Geoffrey M & Rothman, Harry, 1999. "The Editors and Authors of Economics Journals: A Case of Institutional Oligopoly?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 109(453), pages F165-86, February.
- Frank Neri & Joan R. Rodgers, 2006. "Ranking Australian Economics Departments by Research Productivity," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 82(s1), pages S74-S84, 09.
- Pierre-Philippe COMBES & Laurent LINNEMER, 2001. "La publication d'articles de recherche en économie en France," Annals of Economics and Statistics, GENES, issue 62, pages 5-47.
- Michael Bräninger & Justus Haucap, 2001. "Was �konomen lesen und schätzen: Ergebnisse einer Umfrage," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 2(2), pages 185-210, 05.
- Pierre-Philippe Combes & Laurent Linnemer, 2003. "Where are the Economists Who Publish? Publication Concentration and Rankings in Europe Based on Cumulative Publications," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 1(6), pages 1250-1308, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:germec:v:9:y:2008:i::p:506-531. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.